We arrived on Tuesday, November 30. We were a little late (Delta) and an American Flight was right in front of us. It was still only 50 minutes from landing to walking out the door with our bags - much better than a few years ago. We are staying in an AirBnB on Simpson Bay that we have stayed in before and really enjoy. We've eaten breakfast and lunch here; dinner at Chesterfield's - as has become our habit for the first night - and Palapa Grill. Both were good and had plenty of patrons, but not super crowded.

We are staying here for a week, flying to Statia for a week at my cousin's house, supposed to fly back on the 13th for a week at a Villa on the French side. Monitoring that... May end up staying in Statia for an extra week.... Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it seems to have devolved from meaningful protests to youths just blocking roads and destroying things. I am doubtful that we will attempt to stay on the French side again.... just not worth the hassle.

Photos are of Simpson bay...and cruise ships at Marina taken from Chesterfields. Does anyone know who that strange looking gray yacht in the back belongs to? (It looks like a huge submarine in front.) My limited googling skills don't yield anything that looks like it!

Our only little hiccup so far is scheduling an early morning flight to Statia, which requires a Sunday rapid test or Saturday Antigen... both of which are difficult. Appears the airport on Sunday is our only choice - but not a big deal. Next time I'll schedule flight for Tuesday!!

Attached Files IMG_4161.jpegIMG_4169.jpegIMG_4172.jpegIMG_4173.jpegIMG_4155.jpeg

Laura