Originally Posted by GaKaye
While I appreciate your concern over the cost of chairs at Coco, they are not 20 euros per chair, but 20 euros for two chairs with an umbrella. That includes a nice beach blanket for each chair, a bottle of water, and consistent beach service including fresh ice all day. Definitely not the cheapest place on Orient, but we think the value is worth it. And as much as I love Friars, including the beach, the calm water, and most especially, the restaurant....sorry, but the chairs there don't even remotely compare to those at Coco. We enjoy both beaches while we're there, but I'm surprised that you would choose Friars over Coco if you had issues with your back. Regardless, I'm happy you were able to find a beach that met your needs; just wanted to clarify the cost of the chairs.

That's interesting, because the day we were there he plainly told us it was 40, because I was shocked and asked him again... 20 euros per person? He said yes. We we saw another couple leave right before we went in and I asked my husband, I wonder what was up. The only thing we can surmise is the Sargassum was not down at that end of the beach at that time or he wanted a little extra money from us. We probably would have stayed for 20 euros, but not for 40. There's lots of other places to choose, so it's not a big deal. We were just surprised.

I was able to swim, snorkel, and eat at Friar's and we went back to swim at the villa fairly early because it was so close, so I spent very little time in the chair. We would not have gone swimming at Orient that day. Too windy and rough. The day we went back to spend the day at Orient we chose the new chairs.

Originally Posted by erb923
A couple of weeks ago Orange Fever was $10 for chairs even when eating, guy placing chairs out on the beach (guess owner guy?) said was because of high season.

Ah... I guess that explains why the brand new chairs that we sat in for free were much more popular than the other spots around us. They were much nicer chairs and they were "free" if you drank or ate lunch. Maybe we made the right decision after all! I just assumed Orange Beach was free because that was the case when we were there in January. I can't really see how that makes them much money.... we spent around $80 for a few hours in the "free" chairs.

Laura