Member Spotlight
tangerine3
tangerine3
Lutz, FL
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
28 registered members (TXSUN, timnboston, SXMScubaman, WWII, Jspoone, GeorgeC1, bostonbob, panman, jrw, eightzerobits, JerseyPal, Kennys, knitsoftwear, Kevin_B, ColoBoater, luvtotravel, Zanshin, Matt W, MNsnowbird, JohnW, 8 invisible), 504 guests, and 100 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Couples Sans Souci Trip Report #232663
08/20/2020 10:30 PM
08/20/2020 10:30 PM
S
SPF29inSXM Offline OP
Traveler
SPF29inSXM  Offline OP
Traveler
S
So I just wanted to let people know that my wife and I had a great 15 year anniversary at CSS.

The island did a relatively good job getting us thru airport but it is worth Mobay to by-pass the lines as we waited 3 hours to see the medical personnel. The social distancing is minimal and not enforced while in the lines. It was probably the worst part of the trip. Departure was way easier and no lines as we left today.

The resort was somewhere between 10-15% occupancy (15-30 couples depending on the day) it felt like total isolation and privacy was plenty if you wanted that. Which we were all for because we generally go to SXM to avoid big crowds.

The staff was overly accommodating and made you feel safe throughout our entire stay. All staff wore masks and did the best they could to make the guests feel like they were at home.

My wife and I were disappointed with the beach, but that recent hurricane I can’t spell or pronounce just brought some crazy waves that washed out the sand but it made a nice comeback from the beginning to end of trip. The water in the ocean was a lot of fun since we had some cool waves to ride on with the floats. When we started our trip we were usually the only ones in the water and as the waves calmed down as the week went on we counted 7 couples in the water floating around chilling. Hey the staff that works at Sun Set Beach was awesome. They kept the drinks flowing and happy playing some weird games with the entertainment staff.

Most nightly entertainment ended at 10pm which was fine because I purchased a $15 strobe light on Amazon and brought some music and my wife and I danced on the giant main stage near the beach bar.

So if anyone was visiting CSS from 8/10-8/20 and you saw a guy and gal madly in love playing paddle ball, throwing a frisbee or football, playing basketball, listening to music, and drinking endless amounts of water you probably know who we were.

We loved the nude area and were really happy not to be the youngest couple gettin naked. Please, please, please young people get naked. It’s way cooler with no clothes. As most people will tell you we (naked people) always wish they had started sooner.

Headed back to SXM next anniversary but CSS a nice pleasant experience. Let me know if you have any questions. I would love to answer them. Yes they are closing the resort but I thought I had heard that SSB was going to be an option for guests staying at CTower Isle. So I might have some helpful info.

Last edited by Carol_Hill; 08/21/2020 09:00 AM.
SXM Sponsors
Re: Couples Sans Souci Trip Report [Re: SPF29inSXM] #232673
08/21/2020 09:03 AM
08/21/2020 09:03 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Thanks for the report. Glad you had a good time in uncertain circumstances. Was the 3 hour wait for a covid test? I haven't been following what the requirements currently are for JA.

Carol Hill
Re: Couples Sans Souci Trip Report [Re: SPF29inSXM] #232738
08/21/2020 09:33 PM
08/21/2020 09:33 PM
missouri
Cathyg Offline
Traveler
Cathyg  Offline
Traveler
missouri
Couples is consolidating all customers to CTI or CSA and are closing CSS and Coupes Negril for a couple of months due to lack of customers. However, those staying at CTI can still go to CSS for the day.

Really glad you had a great time. It is a beautiful resort.

[Linked Image]