Member Spotlight
Aries4
Aries4
Morrisville, PA/West End, Tortola
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
bvibev, jimma4191
Who's Online Now
8 registered members (EdB, StMartinFan, fabila, cbf, ydrwrb1, DanS, 2 invisible), 697 guests, and 76 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Day Four Testing is available on Anegada but not testing for travel! #253422
04/20/2021 11:10 AM
04/20/2021 11:10 AM
Northern Virginia
ecm56 Offline OP
Traveler
ecm56  Offline OP
Traveler
Northern Virginia
"Day Four" testing is being performed on Anegada. Not sure if it is only on days the ferry runs (our test was on a "ferry day").

Testing for travel (such as re-entering the U.S.) IS NOT AVAILABLE ON ANEGADA.

I have tried to get the answer to this question since the borders opened on December 1st. I received assurances from BVI Health Services that exit testing was available.

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS IS DUE TO A STAFFING SHORTAGE THAT LIKELY WILL NOT BE RESOLVED SOON.

IF YOU ARE STAYING ON ANEGADA AND NEED AN EXIT TEST IN ORDER TO TRAVEL, YOU MUST GO TO ONE OF THE OTHER ISLANDS.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR PLANS ACCORDINGLY!

DAY FOUR TESTING IS AVAILABLE ON ANEGADA.

BVI Sponsors
Re: Day Four Testing is available on Anegada but not testing for travel! [Re: ecm56] #253427
04/20/2021 11:30 AM
04/20/2021 11:30 AM
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
JasonHelmbrecht Offline
Traveler
JasonHelmbrecht  Offline
Traveler
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
Originally Posted by ecm56
"Day Four" testing is being performed on Anegada. Not sure if it is only on days the ferry runs (our test was on a "ferry day").

Testing for travel (such as re-entering the U.S.) IS NOT AVAILABLE ON ANEGADA.

I have tried to get the answer to this question since the borders opened on December 1st. I received assurances from BVI Health Services that exit testing was available.

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS IS DUE TO A STAFFING SHORTAGE THAT LIKELY WILL NOT BE RESOLVED SOON.

IF YOU ARE STAYING ON ANEGADA AND NEED AN EXIT TEST IN ORDER TO TRAVEL, YOU MUST GO TO ONE OF THE OTHER ISLANDS.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR PLANS ACCORDINGLY!

DAY FOUR TESTING IS AVAILABLE ON ANEGADA.

Day 4 testing is available but if your day 4 is not a ferry day and no planes are scheduled that day, you may have to wait until Day 5 or 6 in the worst case scenario. Seems prudent to NOT arrive on a Tuesday...

Last edited by JasonHelmbrecht; 04/20/2021 11:31 AM.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com
Re: Day Four Testing is available on Anegada but not testing for travel! [Re: ecm56] #253775
04/23/2021 10:19 AM
04/23/2021 10:19 AM
East TN
L
ladyvol Offline
Traveler
ladyvol  Offline
Traveler
L
East TN
Please note: If you are staying on Anegada, you must go to Tortola for exit testing. The literature we were sent about exit testing listed the Anegada clinic as a "testing site". We did not find out until we went for our Day 4 test that we would have to go to Tortola. Had we known before, we would have scheduled our departure day differently. Our departure was on a Friday. This meant that our exit test was done on Wednesday, as there is no Tuesday ferry. When calling to make appointment for exit test, they kept trying to schedule me for testing on Virgin Gorda. I had to explain multiple times the the morning ferry leaving Anegada did not stop in Virgin Gorda. They were convinced that we couldn't possibly get to Tortola in time to get tested. FYI - although their literature says testing is done until noon, they stop signing people in at 11:00. We were able to get to Road Town and walk to the hospital with plenty of time to spare. We got our results back in time, but we were sweating it. If it is one of those days when the ferry is delayed or breaks down - you are screwed. We were lucky it was a week when Smith's was running the ferry and the good old Bomba Charger was on time and running fast. Be sure to add $50/person to your budget for the ferry tickets.

Our Day 4 testing was done on Anegada, but not until 3:30 in the afternoon. We got results back in the afternoon of Day 6. Not a big deal to us, as our quarantine days were spent on the porch and beach at D&H Villas. Never saw another person until Lauren came to pick us up for testing on Day 4. My only complaint was I got really sick of eating my own cooking.