Member Spotlight
louismcc
louismcc
Houston, Texas
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
LONGISLANDSHARON, Sca2la
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (MrEZgoin, 1 invisible), 1,037 guests, and 71 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Bistro Caraibes #263595
09/07/2021 05:52 PM
09/07/2021 05:52 PM
mahokid Offline OP
Traveler
mahokid  Offline OP
Traveler
For us no trip to Sxm is complete without a visit to Bistro Caraibes
While it seems Amaury is always away during our visit, Thibault warmly greeted us, they run a great dining room and have always enjoyed dining at their restaurant
While the menu is consistent we always know what is for the main course, luckily for us Thibault returned with some big ones!!

Probably no better way to start a French meal than with foie gras paired with a sweet Bordeaux wine (although not specifically a sauterne) and the kitchen did not disappoint
for a very reasonable 8 euros there was enough wine to be enjoyed with dessert, the waitstaff graciously kept the wine chilled until dessert arrived
you will find a trend of tar tars, ceviche's and tatiki's for my wife's first course selections, her tuna tatiki was selected from the the specials for the evening

We selected one of the biggest lobsters from the tank located outside the restaurant along the street and they will take a picture of you and email it to you
not necessarily a bargain at about $30 per pound, our guy set us back about $150. Go big or don't go at all is our dining motto
we had it cooked half thermidor and half grilled since cream doesn't always agree with my wife
Yeah we finished the monster but only because it was lobster
I enjoyed a half bottle of St. Veran with my meal as my wife has different tastes in wine
Take me home now as we are in gastronomy heaven
Barely having room for desert we shared profiteroles one of my island favorites
BC offers their distinctive ginger rum as a digestif

while not a inexpensive night out, we'll be back for lobster and warm service

Attached Files Bistro caraibes wine.jpgBisro Caraibes foie gras.jpgBistro Cariabs tuna app.jpgbistro caraibes lobster photo.jpgbistro caraibes half lobster.jpgbisrto caraibes profiteroles.jpg
SXM Sponsors
Re: Bistro Caraibes [Re: mahokid] #263599
09/07/2021 06:16 PM
09/07/2021 06:16 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Boy, that is one BIG lobster!! Agreed, Bistrot Cariabes knows how to do it well.. Thibault and Amaury are two of the most dedicated restauranteurs on island!

Carol Hill
Re: Bistro Caraibes [Re: mahokid] #263601
09/07/2021 06:47 PM
09/07/2021 06:47 PM
canada
G
greenfields Offline
Traveler
greenfields  Offline
Traveler
G
canada
Well,no negative restaurant comments from me this time.

We have been to BC many many times over the years, and they are batting 1,000 with us. Never a "miss", on anything.

Interestingly, if my lobster loving daughter is along, we always order what you did - half thermidor, half grilled.Both as good as Caribbean lobster gets.

For those looking for restaurant management and service tips, they are there for the taking. Just visit BC a few times.

Thanks for all your reviews - very interesting reading.

Cheers

Greenfields
Re: Bistro Caraibes [Re: mahokid] #263628
09/08/2021 06:13 PM
09/08/2021 06:13 PM
P
PelicanPirate Offline
Traveler
PelicanPirate  Offline
Traveler
P
For us, they are the best and it starts at the threshold of the restaurant with the welcome.

If I could sum what sets them apart from other very good restaurants - “CONSISTENT EXCELLENCE”