Member Spotlight
RickG
RickG
St. John, USVI
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
bvibev, jimma4191
Who's Online Now
61 registered members (jagmansr, NumberCruncher, MikeMc, Kennys, louismcc, OceanSong, Rbailey, dolfer, lcote, tmsxmsails, JohnandBev, pandpfromcanada, JohnW, JerseyPal, SXMBND, Eva, duckfat, Harleyk, Uksimonusa, John, Ackman, bostonbob, fabila, geomo, bbeach, ndfaninnc, Fran, charlie, ydrwrb1, Matt W, boucharda, KirkB, WWII, tbaybob, JeanneB, Jeannius, Jaybird, TC42, Kevin_B, Billtjw, GeorgeC1, BillDauterive, Sea_Skyman, Kmon, MKGrey, deputydog1157, pburke40, 14 invisible), 754 guests, and 74 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Friday March 11 #277697
03/12/2022 07:05 AM
03/12/2022 07:05 AM
Ohio
ruralcarrier Offline OP
Traveler
ruralcarrier  Offline OP
Traveler
Ohio
The first morning without rain since I have been here, but still, plenty of wind. Took a walk around in the morning in an attempt to connect with Brian at SMYC (again, unsuccessful) and Kareen who is now at Reveil Martin. We have known her back to her La Gondola days and Brian when he was on TTOL asking questions about moving down here. I did connect with Kareen around noon and had nice chat with her. She is doing well and loves her current job.

A quick trip into town, passed by SLS Labs on Hamster Dr for my return test. Not testing until Tuesday but I wanted to verify the location. Picked up a repaired ring at Caribbean Gems and a quick visit with Max and AJ at Diamonds and Design.

Back to the Atrium for the afternoon, a fruit tart from Le Sucrière for lunch and a little down time. I went to The Hideaway to meet Jean-Marie, who we have known for probably 25 years. Had a drink there before the dinner reservations started at 6:30 and then a quick stop at Lee's as Junior Bruney was picking me up there. One seat open at the bar and the restaurant was full at 6:45. I caught the end of HH where a Dewars was a whopping $3.

Dinner with Junior was at Vesna Taverna with 7:15 reservations and parking in front of the restaurant. This was the first time eating there for both of us. Mahi-Mahi for me and Junior had the fish pot meal. Junior knows his fish and said it was one of the best fish pots he had ever had. Very good desserts as well, apple pie for Junior and chocolate mousse for me. Excellent service with a staff that really hustled as the place was filling up. A quick chat with Vesna (who was working and hustling as well), a couple of complimentary rum shots and no SC added to the check. Their website indicates they are re-doing their menu, what we were given was rather limited but enough choices that most would be satisfied. I would return without hesitation.

Woke up to a morning rain and overcast sky that is starting to clear. Possibly Mullet Bay today or just some beach time here. Supposed to meet some friends at SMYC in the early evening and no idea on dinner at this point.

J.D.
SXM Sponsors
Re: Friday March 11 [Re: ruralcarrier] #277699
03/12/2022 10:02 AM
03/12/2022 10:02 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Glad you have been able to catch up with some old friends there. I know you're not a big breakfast person, but for those who are, Reveil Matin is my favorite breakfast spot, for sure. I wish it wasn't right by the road, but I guess you can't have everything.

Glad you enjoyed Vesna. We may have to try it next time. So many restaurants, so little time!!

Hope you enjoy your day.

Carol Hill
Re: Friday March 11 [Re: ruralcarrier] #277708
03/12/2022 04:18 PM
03/12/2022 04:18 PM
B
Bahston Offline
Traveler
Bahston  Offline
Traveler
B
Thanks JD, especially for the words on Vesna Tavern. I've been thinking of trying it.