Member Spotlight
pony600
pony600
CT
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
19 registered members (Jc1925, JeanneB, cbf, Zanshin, George1234, BenP, steve74, o2bnsxm, davidandsusannj, jrw, Wingman, PnPinNC, stevel13, Beansbbq, 5 invisible), 440 guests, and 75 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Trip so far March 10 to March 20. #278286
03/21/2022 12:52 AM
03/21/2022 12:52 AM
Boynton Beach, FL
EdB Offline OP
Traveler
EdB  Offline OP
Traveler
Boynton Beach, FL
Please pardon my lack of reports this year. I think total relaxation has taken its toll on me. We arrived a week ago Thursday on AA out of Miami. Flight was totally uneventful, and when we got out of the luggage area caught up with AAA and off to get our car. We spent Thursday and Friday at Mary's Boon, in the one bedroom deluxe beachfront unit. Great accomodations, great people, and the food was fantastic. We ate right at the boon, and enjoyed our few meals there. In fact, one afternoon, i had the philly cheesesteak special they had. OMG...it was fantastic.
Last Saturday, we checked into our ''special place'' and our ''second home'', the Royal Islander. I think its our 32 year there. No surprises on arrival, except we were asked if we would prefer to stay in our first weeks unit for the entire stay. Of course, we jumped on this opportunity. No moving for three weeks is a gift. smile most of the days have been spent at Le String in orient. Once again, our happy place. Food, service, view is the BEST. They truly make each guest there feel like royalty. The food is outstanding also!!! Our favorite place to spend the day.

For dinners so far we have had great food at the Boon, Had a seafood pasta that was outstanding. Had a wonderful lobster at Skpjack's which my wife and i split. Again, wonderful service, and a delicious meal. Did our annual trip to Pburg, to have the duck at Chesterfiields. Again, it has NEVER dissappointed us. Had ribs for dinner twice so far, once at Pineapple Pete's, which was mediocre at best, and last night at Lee's, which was totally great. Again, one of our must do's yearly. One night this past week, we also went to the Spaghetti House for the first time. I totally agree with all the great posts I have read about the place over the last couple of years. Lasagna was fantastic, great service, and a very reasonable price. Thank you to all who have recomended this place. Last Saturday night, was at LaVilla, in Grand Case. Again, one of the best meals of the trip ALWAYS. Christophe and Florence always does an outstanding job. Friday night was at Jax in Maho, which was also a great evening. Also the company we kept that night made it even better. smile Tonight's dinner was at Moulen Fou, which again is one of our annual faves. They are back to having veal chop on the menu, and OMG, it was fantastic. After over thirty years, i am still on the search to find the worst restaurant on the island. I don't think it exists.

This afternoon we decided to duck the sun, and the beach, and once again spent the afternoon at Rendevouz Lounge in Cupecoy. For those who remember my report about the jazz lunch from last year, I think i mentioned that it was one of the highlights of the trip last year, and probably couldn't be beat. Well, I was wrong. This afternoon, went back to it with high expectations, and from the first song on, I was totally blown away by the talent of these musicians. I truly thought that they couldn't have gotten better than last year, but OMG, this afternoon was a total treat!! This ''jamming sesstion'', lasted about three and half hours, and there was something for everybody. This concert should NOT be missed. The food and service at Rendevouz was also very good. Amazing how much talent was on display. Another highlight today was meeing TTOL's WendyK. Great to meet face to face fellow TTOLers.

As for observations. The past ten days have been the windiest I have ever seen in all our years coming. The winds have been going non stop, almost feels like we are in Aruba vs SXM. Along with wind, comes a choppy sea, and the wave situation is a bit more than usual. Also, i don't think we have had one day without some rain yet. Nothing more than ten minutes or so, but more rain that i have seen. The positive part is the island is so green, and lush. Even the cow pasture (golf course) almost looks playable. smile and the other observation is TRAFFIC. I swear that for every person on the island, there must be two cars. Have never seen so much traffic. In fact, coming home Friday from the beach, there was a backup from the bottom of the hill heading to Pburg, all the way backed up to the entrance of the airport!!! Luckily for us, we were driving the other way, and it was pretty easy drive.

Will try to post shorter and more often reports over the next two weeks, but can't promise. After all, I am on vacation, and there are only twenty four hours in a day, and laziness is setting in. God, i love this island. Till next time.

SXM Sponsors
Re: Trip so far March 10 to March 20. [Re: EdB] #278289
03/21/2022 07:35 AM
03/21/2022 07:35 AM
falmouth,MA
wendyk Offline
Traveler
wendyk  Offline
Traveler
falmouth,MA
It was nice meeting you and your wife yesterday, Ed. I agree that the music at Rendezvous is fantastic!

Re: Trip so far March 10 to March 20. [Re: EdB] #278294
03/21/2022 09:03 AM
03/21/2022 09:03 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Ed--sounds like a really nice start to your trip. Enjoy!

Carol Hill
Re: Trip so far March 10 to March 20. [Re: EdB] #278311
03/21/2022 10:59 AM
03/21/2022 10:59 AM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Offline
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Offline
Traveler
Auburn, WA
Spounds like a great trip so far. Enjoy the rest.
"After over thirty years, i am still on the search to find the worst restaurant on the island. I don't think it exists." I'm sure one is out there. Hope you never find it. LOL