So after my recent travails with Cape Air cancelling not one, but two, reservations that I had booked out of Taddy Bay, I sent a very direct message to the “Cape Air Team” and consonant with my prior experiences with that company, I got a reply – in fact a call back.

It was actually a pleasant conversation with the customer service representative (I never bite those people on the ankle, because they are never the ones who made the decision necessitating their interaction), and he was very apologetic and explained to me in a fair amount of detail that it wasn’t the BVI government’s decision to close the airport for this coming Tuesday that led to the company’s decision to cancel all flights this week - but rather, a shortage of pilots.

The really salient news is that Cape Air has suspended service to Taddy Bay from San Juan “for the foreseeable future,” and he told me that means at a minimum for the entire month of May. He invited me to check the website, which I did, and in fact, there are no flights scheduled or fares listed between Taddy Bay from San Juan (and as for June, who knows?). I hope that this doesn't cause a lot of hardship for those who have already planned their travel. MAF