Member Spotlight
kim
kim
Newtown, CT
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
LONGISLANDSHARON, Sca2la
Who's Online Now
27 registered members (PML, YachtReprise, ambmike, JeanneB, jrw, Instigator, NumberCruncher, Lionsail, eightzerobits, OceanSong, Zanshin, jeepers, RatmansWife, SteveH, Whale Tail, SURICK, MNsnowbird, cabokid, botnot, fabila, stevel13, ohstate, 5 invisible), 975 guests, and 62 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
4/29 Travel Day #281411
04/30/2022 09:53 AM
04/30/2022 09:53 AM
New Hampshire
Beansbbq Offline OP
Traveler
Beansbbq  Offline OP
Traveler
New Hampshire
"I never did believe in miracles, but I've a feeling it's time to try"

Woke to that song lyric while watching the New England sun peek through my shades hearing my trusty Newfoundland snore happily next to my bedside this morning and our phat cat curled up in the sun spot on the end of the bed. Not everyone is a animal person, I get it, but the greeting we got last night when we all made it through the door was pretty special. Sitting here sipping not french coffee, ripping apart fresh baguettes, cutting up pastries and quiche to share is a little rough. Viewing the aftermath of getting home at 11:30 and just dumping it all & going to bed is daunting also. But that's why I booked it so we have a weekend to decompress and reflect while putting our post vacation lives back together.

But enough of my first morning home woes. Can't complain too much after what we just did. I woke at 4:30 on travel day and just took the time to soak in the last moments of the trip. It was overcast as we woke. Not good for everyone still vacationing but we took it as a good way to wrap it up. Cleaned up what was left in the villa and loaded up early, giving ourselves plenty of time to fuel up the jeep on the ride to drop it off and shuttle over to the airport. We said our good byes to J&T as they had a later flight on AA and were getting a taxi later, and were meeting up with Magali to check out. Jumped in the jeep and took off. Morning traffic is no joke, thankful we allowed ourselves a lot of time. (We usually get made fun of for being the earliest people who plan way too far ahead.) The rain started as we hit Grand Case, which didn't help traffic. Despite the weather we all enjoyed the ride to the airport. Each of us noticing things and views that are amazing. We weren't gonna let a rainy travel day bring us down! Dropped the jeep off with zero issues, shuttled over and got into the airport.

We got there early so we hunkered down for about 30 mins or so before JetBlue opened. Once open we checked our bags and flew through security. It was a breeze. The missus is very good with travel paperwork, she used to travel internationally and domestically for work quite a bit, and it helps being a Mosaic customer with JetBlue. Got past security, hunkered down at our gate and I ran off to do my hunter/gather duty and find food. Opted for the Le Bistro (I think that's the name) as it was the only place open at the time. Got two hot sandwiches (a caprese & an Italian) and chips. Stopped at the little liquor store at the bottom of the steps and grabbed some waters and a beer. We sat at a table by the wall of fish and got our grub on. Solid to-go airport food in my opinion. We all kind of just reveled in the fact that it would be our last meal on the island. The bar opened soon after and I grabbed a aperol spritz for me and a prosecco for the missus. Hoping they were open I went up and walked around to see if Johney Burger was serving, alas too early. So I grabbed a couple bags of chips just in case we needed something more. (I had spotted some lemon plantain chips earlier, love plantain chips). Got back to our table, packed up our stuff and started to board.

Flight to JFK was uneventful. One of the attendants came up as we were about to take off to greet us personally as Mosaic members and let us know if we needed anything to let her know. We aren't use to that kind of service, so as she came to address us we all thought we were in trouble. Really funny moment. Flight was great. A bit of turbulence as we landed, but that's that Northern weather. Got our bags, blew through customs, dropped off our bags again and hit the wall of people at TSA. Made it through pretty quickly for a Friday evening at JFK. Found a restaurant to grub and have a cocktail before our last leg to BOS. Not the best food to have after a week of culinary delights, but we needed sustenance. I was muttering under my breath the whole time that we can't even do good airport food in America. But it is what it is. Grabbed our check and got to the gate with a 15 min wait. Hopped on our flight. A quick 45 min jump to BOS.

Before we got on the flight to BOS I got a text from our car service saying they would be late due to previous clients with weather delays. Our flight was also coming in 30 mins early. He offered me a full refund due to the issue, I declined. He is a start up in the area who is building a clientele, weather isn't his fault. We got off the flight in BOS and went to grab our bags thinking we would be waiting around for him for about 30+ minutes. NOPE! There was an Orlando flight that landed right around the same time and JetBlue decided to use one baggage claim for both flights. It was a mess. But hey what can you do. We finally got our luggage, made our way up to the pickup area and got a text from our driver that he'd be there in 5 mins. Great timing. The owner of the company was the one picking us up so we got to discuss it all and assured him that there would be no bad online reviews and not to refund us. Enjoyable ride home chatting with him. He was a business owner in the town the missus grew up in and now lives in a nearby town to us. Will definitively be using his service again. Like I started off, walked into the house to a furball greeting, dropped our gear and went to bed. We are lucky enough to have a house/pet sitter who takes great care of everything.

Not sure there's much left to reflect on. I've pretty much put it all on the table this week. Are there things we missed out on, sure. Every vacation has those. But we weren't interested in a lot of hustle and bustle on our trip. We were really focused on relaxing, goal achieved. One of the pics I am attaching is of a cup the missus had custom made on Etsy for everyone on the trip. I opted for the rainbow one, and stuffed it with the Hot Oil packets from BO pizza when we left. Short of all the memories I think the only thing I brought back for myself are the hot oil packets. Oh and all the sand in my suitcase. Thanks everyone for taking this journey with us. It's been one helluva ride. Honestly couldn't have done it with out all of you and all your posts over the years. Take care all. I will be hovering around and looking forward to your posts and trip reports to get me through until the next trip. Safe travels.

Attached Files IMG_5007.jpgIMG_5012.jpgIMG_5013.jpgIMG_5015.jpgIMG_5023.jpg
SXM Sponsors
Re: 4/29 Travel Day [Re: Beansbbq] #281415
04/30/2022 10:10 AM
04/30/2022 10:10 AM
Connecticut
The_Lurker Offline
Traveler
The_Lurker  Offline
Traveler
Connecticut
I loved your reports and pictures, so I'm not complaining, but
how come no people pictures??
We kind of feel like we know you........

I read where you may be planning a trip to Europe--we can't wait!!
lol

Re: 4/29 Travel Day [Re: Beansbbq] #281417
04/30/2022 10:16 AM
04/30/2022 10:16 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Thanks for the wrap-up of your vacation. Have had that late night "fur ball" greeting many times over the years! Being home with the fur babies makes waking up that next morning easier to bear. Thanks so much for taking us along on your journey!

Carol Hill
Re: 4/29 Travel Day [Re: Beansbbq] #281419
04/30/2022 10:18 AM
04/30/2022 10:18 AM
Brookfield, CT.
pat Offline
Traveler
pat  Offline
Traveler
Brookfield, CT.
This was the final chapter of a great read. Thank you so much for sharing your details with all of us and doing it in such great style. Until next time…….🙂

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."
Re: 4/29 Travel Day [Re: Beansbbq] #281423
04/30/2022 10:31 AM
04/30/2022 10:31 AM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Online content
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Online Content
Traveler
Auburn, WA
I always welcome a rainy day when I leave the island knowing I'm not missing a day on the beach.

Re: 4/29 Travel Day [Re: Beansbbq] #281440
04/30/2022 01:31 PM
04/30/2022 01:31 PM
S
StMartinFan Offline
Traveler
StMartinFan  Offline
Traveler
S
I'm going to miss my daily dose of island adventures that I was getting from your wonderful posts! Hope you'll be able to return again soon.

Re: 4/29 Travel Day [Re: Beansbbq] #281445
04/30/2022 03:36 PM
04/30/2022 03:36 PM
Portland, OR
jazzgal Offline
Traveler
jazzgal  Offline
Traveler
Portland, OR
Glad you arrived home safely, but I will miss your entertaining reports. Sounds as though you had a great family experience. Thank you for all the reports.

[Linked Image]
Re: 4/29 Travel Day [Re: Beansbbq] #281449
04/30/2022 04:33 PM
04/30/2022 04:33 PM
New Hampshire
Beansbbq Offline OP
Traveler
Beansbbq  Offline OP
Traveler
New Hampshire
Lurker- Once upon a time I would have posted pics of us all during the vacation, but having the missus and one of my best friends work in the global privacy industry I default to being a little more on the safe side. The sheer fact that I have us in my avatar is a large roll of the dice. Trust me I would love to post so many pics of us enjoying all our moments and the smiles!! Like I always tell the Cannonball, "the rules aren't for the people who do the right things". Maybe someday our paths will cross on the island and we can meet up! And in my very little free time today, I've been starting the Europe investigations!

Carol- The fact that you have given all of us this forum to discuss, educate and talk about our travels over all these years is amazing. Not sure this trip would have happened after the hiatus we had. It kept me going. Looking forward to being able to use all the other parts of it while we drag the Cannonball through the world.

Pat- So looking forward to you making your 50th trip! I was telling J of J&T of your travels to the island, and he was so blown away with the fact that we all have this place to talk about the adventures. Hopefully your Nov trip goes off without a hitch! You make me want to stray from Orient and stay at BSV. Glad you had a safe trip home.

Scuba- agreed! As we were packing up we felt it was the perfect period to the vacation sentence with the overcast and rain. I know your trip is coming up soon, enjoy!!

StMartinFan- thank you! we are hoping to get back soon!

Jazzgal- Thank you. You are always great with your posts! Looking forward to your next trip.

To everyone who has commented over the past trip- I thank you all sooooo much from the bottom of my heart for all the kind words. Knowing that you were all there with me as I posted daily was the fuel that kept me going, along with keeping a record for the Cannonball. There are truly not enough words to express the gratitude, that not only myself but the missus and the Cannonball, have for the TTOL forum. We are looking forward to our future adventures all across the board!

In all seriousness, lots of big hugs and cheers to all. Wishes to you all for safe travels, full drinks (alcoholic or non), and plates of food that change your life.

Re: 4/29 Travel Day [Re: Beansbbq] #281457
04/30/2022 09:47 PM
04/30/2022 09:47 PM
Portland, OR
jazzgal Offline
Traveler
jazzgal  Offline
Traveler
Portland, OR
Originally Posted by Beansbbq
plates of food that change your life.

I LOVE that!!

[Linked Image]
Re: 4/29 Travel Day [Re: Beansbbq] #281460
05/01/2022 01:39 AM
05/01/2022 01:39 AM
Westchester /NYC
Colour1 Offline
Traveler
Colour1  Offline
Traveler
Westchester /NYC
Thanks for taking us on your world wind ride on "our" island!! We enjoyed your adventures!! We will have to rethink the French side for our spring trip next year, it's been some time since we stayed the whole time there. As you stated in all your reports, the vibe is so grooved!! Most definitely looking to upgrade to Mosaic JB card!!! We have to write to JB, the food at JFK sucks! Delta has "Shake Shack"!!! and other really good food at JFK!!! Talking about food to go, we pit stopped at Zee Best on airport road for sandwiches before checking in at the airport So good!! Glad you and the crew had a great time and safe travels home!! Next trip??? Us, Oct into Nov at of course BSV!! Hope to see you then!

Attached Files Beach withdrawals.jpg

Sand Gravity, got to love it!
Re: 4/29 Travel Day [Re: Beansbbq] #281467
05/01/2022 10:06 AM
05/01/2022 10:06 AM
US
F
FatCat04 Offline
Traveler
FatCat04  Offline
Traveler
F
US
Glad you are home safe and had a lovely fur ball greeting. A good pet sitter is worth their weight in gold. Allows us to not worry. Thank you again for taking us along.

Enjoy investigating a European trip. We did a self tour 2.5 week trip just this past year puttering around via rented steed Normandy, Val de Loire, and Paris alone and agreed we could have stayed out the month and still wanted more. So many wonderful historical places. We are thinking the Strasbourg area next trip across the pond.

[Linked Image]