TravelTalkOnline

WiFi @ Royal Palm

Posted By: Jerry_R

WiFi @ Royal Palm - 08/05/2017 05:47 PM

How easy is it to get a good signal @ Royal Palm? Cost?

Not planning to stream music or video. Just email & facebook.
Posted By: moontide

Re: WiFi @ Royal Palm - 08/05/2017 06:03 PM

I had very few issues in my unit in February, 2016 compared to years before when the best reception was in the lobby. I'm not aware of any fees for internet but when staying, we are there as a time share owner. Perhaps someone else may know of costs, if any. Hope this helps.
Posted By: CmVan10

Re: WiFi @ Royal Palm - 08/05/2017 07:37 PM

No fees. We were there a few months ago and they had just upgraded the wi-fi service. We had no problems. Have fun.
Posted By: RICKnGRACE_LI_NY

Re: WiFi @ Royal Palm - 08/05/2017 07:42 PM

We were there a few weeks ago. There was no charge. Never tried the lobby. In the room was no problem. Out on the balcony was another story. I usually am up early and out on the balcony with coffee. I had to upload the newspaper in the room then go outside. Wasn't the worst thing in the world.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: WiFi @ Royal Palm - 08/05/2017 08:09 PM

as a sailor always looking for a better signal, these are great and inexpensive. Perfect for those resorts with weak wifi

https://www.amazon.com/Booster-OMNI-Dire...et+wifi+antenna
Posted By: Jerry_R

Re: WiFi @ Royal Palm - 08/06/2017 01:14 AM

Thanks. This is our first time trading in to Royal Palm. We have stayed at Flamingo, Belair, and LaPlage in the past. They all charge a fee for wifi service.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: WiFi @ Royal Palm - 08/06/2017 12:21 PM

Scubaman would know for sure, but I THINK if you are trading in to RP, versus renting another t/s owner's unit, that you have to pay for wifi.
Posted By: RICKnGRACE_LI_NY

Re: WiFi @ Royal Palm - 08/06/2017 02:48 PM

As I recall I am 95% certain there was no charge added when we were there 3 weeks ago. We did an RCI Exchange in. However I do recall there being a $10 per day Resort Fee and if that is their way of saying cost of WiFi I stand corrected!

Re: WiFi @ Royal Palm - 08/06/2017 05:12 PM

Yes, the resort fee includes the wifi. Timeshare owners do not pay the resort fee.
Posted By: jerber160

Re: WiFi @ Royal Palm - 08/06/2017 05:29 PM

Jerry_R said:
Thanks. This is our first time trading in to Royal Palm. We have stayed at Flamingo, Belair, and LaPlage in the past. They all charge a fee for wifi service.
I was just at the Flamingo last week (sister property to Royal Palm) no charge for wifi and once we used the link to hook up it was OK. auto link didn't work. the best service was through the diamond link in the lobby.

Re: WiFi @ Royal Palm - 08/06/2017 07:58 PM

Again, if you were charged the RESORT FEE of $10 per day, that includes the wifi.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: WiFi @ Royal Palm - 08/07/2017 01:18 AM

We got the wifi in Simpson Bay on our boat with no charge. They do have an upcharge for faster wifi. We anchored pretty close to the resort. We got a drink in the lobby and got the password.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: WiFi @ Royal Palm - 08/10/2017 02:00 AM

Carol_Hill said:
Again, if you were charged the RESORT FEE of $10 per day, that includes the wifi.

Correct.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline