TravelTalkOnline

Pollos Hermanos SXM

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 08:25 AM

Anybody been here. Was looking at map in Simpson Bay area and saw this place. familiar name to some i’m sure if “Breaking Bad” fans.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by PelicanPirate
Anybody been here. Was looking at map in Simpson Bay area and saw this place. familiar name to some i’m sure if “Breaking Bad” fans.

Had a good lunch there 2 weeks ago
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 10:34 AM

Coming Soon.. Applebee's, IHOP, Pollo Tropical, Outback, Ruby Tuesday, Five Guys, White Castle, Church's Chicken, Dairy Queen, Denny's, Hardee's, Cinnabon, Krispy Kreme, Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robbins, Papa John's, Auntie Anne's Pretzels, Edible Arrangements, 7-Eleven, Agi Pasta Away. Add that to McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Subway, Pizza Hut, Dominos Pizza, Buffalo Wings SXM, Pollos Hermanos. dine
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 12:49 PM

sxmmartini lol. Of that list I'd be happy with Krispy Kreme but they didn't make it here in the northeast so doubt they would in SXM. I remember when I saw the first burger place near the dock in P'burg. I said there goes the island then I thought, why shouldn't the locals have that to enjoy
Posted By: dmwieser

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 01:39 PM

Good One Sxmmartini!! With all the amazing restaurants, cafes and patisseries on the island, how unfortunate that the United State's contribution to St Martin's culinary experience are junk food chains. Poisoning those who dare to enter and reminding the others who are smart enough, how wonderful the rest of the island is.
Posted By: Bigdaddy

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 02:29 PM

They made a great burger.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 02:40 PM

You forgot Papa Murphy's. All kidding aside I would love to have one in SXM.
Posted By: wabid

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 02:42 PM

Pollos Hermanos The name gives me a grin, but they will have to be good once the joke wears off.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by dmwieser
Good One Sxmmartini!! With all the amazing restaurants, cafes and patisseries on the island, how unfortunate that the United State's contribution to St Martin's culinary experience are junk food chains. Poisoning those who dare to enter and reminding the others who are smart enough, how wonderful the rest of the island is.

Many folks here can't afford to dine at the places you love. The place is packed with mostly locals all the time. I hear the food is quite good and plan to give it a try one of these days. Until this post, I didn't know it was a chain as I never heard of it.
Posted By: wabid

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 02:51 PM

Google Pollos Hermanos.... We'll wait....

In the meantime I'll be watching this

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 03:30 PM

How does Pollos Hermanos equate to all those chains? As far as I know it is a one of a kind.

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 03:31 PM

I am glad some of you saw the humor in my post. I checked out the menu online and I like fast food. There is a Family Pack on the menu: Whole Chicken, rack of ribs, one steak, six shrimps for $ 60/Naf 108 comes with 5 sides and four sodas. Perfect for a party!

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 03:33 PM

I dont think it is a chain in real life. I thinks its a one of a kind at least on SXM.

On TV, thereis a fictional chicken chain in the US Southwest called Los Pollos Hermanos (the chicken brothers) on the AMC series Breaking Bad that ran 5 seasons and the owner is a central figure in the show.

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanPirate
How does Pollos Hermanos equate to all those chains? As far as I know it is a one of a kind.

No there is one in NYC and they were pop up restaurants in LA to promote the T.V. series...

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 03:57 PM

Cool, I see the humor, the menu actually sounds good and I plan on checking it out and getting some pictures.

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 09:46 PM

Strange this is a pop up restaurant... how in the world did it open in SXM?

On August 20, 21, and 22, 2018 Better Call Saul fans (or just hungry fried chicken enthusiasts) in New York and Los Angeles can order fried chicken and curly fries from Gus Fring's (Giancarlo Esposito) family fast food restaurant Los Pollos Hermanos.

Last April, AMC commissioned Los Pollos Hermanos pop up restaurants in Austin for SXSW and New York. Sadly, fried chicken was not available then (one would have to imagine that it's a logistical nightmare for a cable network to get licensure to handle raw fowl for a one-day publicity stunt). Thankfully it is this time around.
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/bett...order-los-pollos-hermanos-from-postmates

A Look At Fake American Food Franchises...
https://www.buzzfeed.com/politicall...an-ebwy?utm_term=.bjmEL2Aqqa#.gtzqM2Vxxb

Posted By: pat

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 10:51 PM

Sxmmartini - not food but we always used to get a chuckle over the Midass Muffler shop that used to be at the base of the hill as you turned up it to head over the hill and into town.

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by pat

Sxmmartini - not food but we always used to get a chuckle over the Midass Muffler shop that used to be at the base of the hill as you turned up it to head over the hill and into town.

Yah the special of the week was chicken and johnny cakes not a franchise item?

https://www.facebook.com/PollosHermanosSXM/videos/2068340973476945/

Midass Muffler was funny... Seven Alive as well.

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/17/2018 11:52 PM

What the heck is a pop up restaurant? Had a cocktail with someone who had lunch there today. He had a chicken breast sandwich that was huge and delicious!
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/18/2018 12:01 AM

I thought they were open in June? Or maybe just working on it? Next door to the nail salon that Elaine recommended.

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/18/2018 12:48 AM

Yes, they have been open quite some time
Posted By: Mbrott

Re: Pollos Hermanos SXM - 08/20/2018 05:36 PM

Ate there in June. Really good takeout chicken
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline