TravelTalkOnline

AA Experiment

Posted By: boucharda

AA Experiment - 10/12/2018 08:32 PM

Sooo...I got really decent prices on AA for our January trip. Kinda worried about potential changes but still diverted from our normal JB BOS/SXM flight to a PVD-CLT-SXM returning through Phily...don't like to risk connecting in Phily on the way down because of January weather potential and PVD is MUCH more convenient

No changes until today...AA flip flopped the connections to a Phily on the way down and CLT on the way back. Times are almost the same so no major issues except terminal change needed in PHL...seats are decent (extra room)

As long as there is no storm on 1/13 I think it will work....fingers crossed
Posted By: JustinB

Re: AA Experiment - 10/13/2018 12:23 AM

We too switched to AA this trip because JB no longer ha non
stop fro BOS and their prices. We booked through CLT about
6 weeks ago, so far AA has only two minor time changes.
We wanted to avoid all northeastern airports. We don’t depart until 1/3 and return 1/18 plenty of time for multiple changes.
Posted By: pat

Re: AA Experiment - 10/13/2018 01:41 AM

I happened to have a bunch of AA miles along with a bunch of JB points so when I booked our recent trip and found JB higher than AA for the times and dates I wanted, it was no contest. We booked AA out of our regional airport connecting through Charlotte into SXM with the same routing coming home. I’ve been keeping my fingers crossed there would be no changes and so far, it’s still a go. Early flight on the way to and a late flight on the way from. It just worked and I’ve never been a complete and total JB fan, (beyond really liking their International Arrivals terminal, T5 at JFK that is) if I had good options on AA. So far so good.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: AA Experiment - 10/13/2018 05:17 AM

Make sure you check your CLT flight to and from SXM because equipment and flight numbers just resently changed.

Re: AA Experiment - 10/13/2018 12:09 PM

Yup..Equipment change on the PVD-PHL flight: A319 changed to an E190 so I guess there were empty seats on the original flight...also....it now says "Change of terminals" in PHL.

Is that a big deal or does it just mean a long walk? 95 minute layover
Posted By: pat

Re: AA Experiment - 10/13/2018 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Make sure you check your CLT flight to and from SXM because equipment and flight numbers just resently changed.

You had me worried enough to check our reservations........so far, so good. No changes and we’re about three+ weeks out!
Posted By: DDnBob

Re: AA Experiment - 10/13/2018 02:21 PM

We booked on Delta last June (We had a ticket that we didn't use and had to use it or lose it) to SXM leaving 3 weeks from today (Yes!!!!!). However we have had at least 5 changes so far. Keeping our fingers crossed that in the next 3 weeks they don't change them again.
Posted By: madisoncty

Re: AA Experiment - 10/13/2018 03:11 PM

In August booked AA down thru CLT, back thru PHL to Dsm. Had to overnight Friday night in CLT, in order to get to SXM on Saturday. First change in Sept was delay on CLT-SXM flight by a couple of hours. The big change came last week, Our last leg from PHL to DSM leaves 5 minutes before we land from SXM, Obviously not humanly possible, gave it a week, still no adjustment so cancelled, after a great deal of frustration and resistance by AA, and booked our return on Delta. I prefer Delta but when we first booked it was going to work.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: AA Experiment - 10/13/2018 04:03 PM

Pat, we are headed down through Miami and back through Charlotte. So far, no changes to schedule. Yay!

I love going through Miami and hitting that Cuban food in the international terminal! Croquettes! Cafe con leche. Yummy.
Posted By: jason74

Re: AA Experiment - 10/13/2018 04:54 PM

For the terminal change in Philly, you will need to ride a bus across the tarmac to the international terminal. Not a big deal, just be aware that is what is needed
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: AA Experiment - 10/13/2018 05:32 PM

Did that a long time ago, changing from a small plane to a bigger plane. Small planes come into a different terminal..

Re: AA Experiment - 10/13/2018 07:59 PM

Thanks for the info...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline