TravelTalkOnline

Beachside Villas Question

Posted By: pburke40

Beachside Villas Question - 10/31/2018 02:16 AM

We are considering staying at Beachside Villas based on the positive things we've read. We have several questions. Have all of the units been updated? We are light sleepers. Should we request a specific unit that would be quieter than others? Any specific recommendations concerning Beachside? We have been going to SXM for many years. This would be our first time at this location.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 10/31/2018 02:43 AM

All have been updated with atrium closed in and a/c added to living rooms. Breeze from the ocean is sufficient in the day so we don't use it but rather slide open doors to patio and slide screen in place. It's a great place to stay. It's on the beach, staff is wonderful.
Decor is very Caribbean beach inspired. Fully equipped kitchen.
If you search SXM trip reports you'll get a lot of info.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 10/31/2018 12:27 PM

As Louise said, all units have been updated. All are exactly the same inside, just each unit is flipped from the next one, as in the master bedroom is on the right versus the left. I personally like being closer to the pool because you can literally park right outside your unit, but I'm lazy and don't like lugging a bunch of groceries very far, as we cook in a LOT. Number 1 is probably the most private, and you have the longest walk to where you park your car, but it's still not far at all. Number 14 is next to the pool and number 1 is the furthest away. As far as noise, I guess you're talking about the airport, as there certainly is no other noise around. The airport does not bother me at all. There are no big planes early, not until around 11 or noon. There are a couple of prop jobs starting around 7 am, but I hear them for about 10 seconds and then roll over and go back to sleep. I have stayed in number 1, number 14, and several units in between and frankly never found much different in the airport noise at all, so don't know what to tell you there. As I said, it never has bothered me. They don't really guarantee unit numbers any more anyway. Regardless there is no difference inside and all units are great. Otherwise, please post any specific questions.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 10/31/2018 12:35 PM

We stayed at BSV last March. Hubby is a light sleeper and at first the sound of waves bothered him but for just one night. After that he slept like a log. Very quiet area. During daytime you might hear a plane. That end of the beach is very quiet, mostly people staying at BSV.

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 10/31/2018 12:54 PM

That's kind of funny, I find the noise of the ocean at night to be extremely calming. laugh
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 10/31/2018 01:06 PM

I'm here right now. I've also been staying here for 21 years now, a couple of times a year. They're always updated and beautiful. The staff couldn't be any more gracious, friendly and helpful. I usually stay in 13 or 12. It's close to the pool and you can park your car right outside your door. I can't remember any noise issues at all there. Yes, during the day there is the airport, but that's in the middle of the day. Also, with the severely reduced airline schedules, it's hardly an issue. You will absolutely love it here.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 10/31/2018 07:14 PM

Carol, I loved the sound too. When we stayed in March the seas were ferocious slamming against the building. I think that's why it bothered hubby the first night. After that we too found it hypnotically calming.

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 10/31/2018 07:50 PM

I am also a light sleeper. I find the sound of the ocean very calming too.

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 10/31/2018 08:02 PM

We've never had that happen when we were there, that the water was slamming against the building, although I know it does happen from time to time. Usually it's just a lovely slow wave..
Posted By: PreK176

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 10/31/2018 08:43 PM

We usually stay in 10 or 12....in April the water was quite high. Hubby doesn't always find the ocean relaxing. He has a friend with a house on the beach in RI and they have had to replace the stairs numerous times. He sees the ocean as a strong force and as Marvlyn said Mother Nature is in charge and you can't mess with her. Not always relaxing for those who have to fix the damage she causes. I thought I had read on FB though that some of the kitchens were being redone? Can't remember which units but they had posted some pics. Lovely spot! Enjoy my friend!
Posted By: Renee

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 11/01/2018 12:42 PM

Trying to figure a few things out....When looking at the Island Cam, is the crescent-shaped beach to the left of the runway the beach where BSV is located? Also, do you drive past Sunset Beach Bar to get there? TY

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 11/01/2018 12:46 PM

Yes and yes.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 11/01/2018 12:56 PM

I just tried twice to post picture, but second came up fine in my gallery, but
Upside down here!!

Different tablet, but great place to stay!!!
Lol Shortened version of my description of BSV.

Getting closer but small.

Attached picture 15410768507361572355409.jpg

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 11/01/2018 01:31 PM

Terry--Nice picture! The picture expands if a person clicks on it, by the way.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 11/01/2018 09:47 PM

Thank-you
I had to take it while posting.
The others in my gallery came
out upside down or sideways.

Still learning.

As you know it is beautiful here at BSV.

Spent Tuesday eve and Wednesday here. The water was so calm and warm!!
Just perfect ....

Ran over to Mullet today. It was busy with 3 ships in, but the water was incredible!

Attached picture 1541108675088888052023.jpg

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 11/01/2018 11:24 PM

Very clear today! Nice picture! clapping
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Beachside Villas Question - 11/02/2018 01:09 AM

Nice to see Saba once again. Keep the photos coming! Enjoy your vacation!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline