TravelTalkOnline

Domino's marks 25 years on island

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Domino's marks 25 years on island - 11/08/2018 02:20 PM

Daily Herald link

I actually found John Caputo's story quite interesting, especially including how he ended up on SXM. Spoiler alert, it involves Mullet Bay Resort! smile Good reading..
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Domino's marks 25 years on island - 11/08/2018 06:29 PM

I sat next to John and Heather on the airplane from MIA to SXM several years ago. Nice people.

Re: Domino's marks 25 years on island - 11/08/2018 07:06 PM

It looks like they also give back quite a bit to the community.
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Domino's marks 25 years on island - 11/08/2018 08:27 PM

My first trip to SXM was a business trip when I worked for Dominos corporate. That was in 2003--I've been back almost every year since. That very first trip was only a few days and it rained the entire time. John told me to make sure I come back because I didn't get a tan at all. The sun finally appeared when I was on the plane/tarmac ready to return to Detroit. Oh and the photo I use on this site is from that trip. Very special memory for my wife and I.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Domino's marks 25 years on island - 11/08/2018 08:34 PM

I don’t buy Dominos here at home because we have other small pizza places around here that I support but I tried a Dominos in SXM and it was really good!

Re: Domino's marks 25 years on island - 11/08/2018 08:50 PM

What a nice story. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: irish1223

Re: Domino's marks 25 years on island - 11/09/2018 01:09 AM

Had to smile because we tried Dominos for the first time on the island this past June. We were tired and hungry, so the guys went out for pizza. The pizza place they tried first in Simpson Bay had already closed for the day, so they brought back Dominos. It was actually quite good; much better than any I've tried here in the States.

Re: Domino's marks 25 years on island - 11/09/2018 01:53 AM

Interesting, never tried Dominos on island, but guess maybe I should!!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Domino's marks 25 years on island - 11/09/2018 02:08 AM

Our daughter has and said it was fairly good. Delivery on a rainy day was a plus.
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Domino's marks 25 years on island - 11/09/2018 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Interesting, never tried Dominos on island, but guess maybe I should!!

Yes. You really should try it Carol. I was lucky to work in the international division at Dominos--I've had pizza across continents and not just Dominos. I know it's such an American brand, why not try something local, but each market, though in-store operations may be the same, puts their own ineffable mark on the pizza. And I have to mention the wings served in the Bahamas--they are awesome.
Also, I think I've said it before, my favorite pizza on the island is from the pizzeria in Mt. Vernon (it occurs to me that I've never tried it with fewer than 3 or 4 cocktails in me though). But I continue to order from Dominos too.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline