TravelTalkOnline

Best Restaurants currently on French Side?

Posted By: pharmguy

Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 01/31/2019 09:01 PM

Hello All!
We are coming down for a month starting March 10th. It's been two years since we were there due to hurricane. We are having guests with us off and on during that time and they would be most interested in spending as much "mealtime" on the French side this time. We are looking for recommendations for any favorite restaurants on that side especially Grand Case. Thanks so much for your help in making this a great time for us!
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 01/31/2019 09:04 PM

In Grand Case - Bistro Caraibes. Also a couple in Oyster Pond - BZH Creperie & l'Oasis.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 01/31/2019 09:15 PM

At Cul de Sac---road to pinel ferry first right two great places on left hand side: Le Taitu then Sol e Luna. At end of road is Mount Vernon which I'm not sure they're open since storm. Both Le Taitu and Sole e Luna open for lunch and dinner. Both serve fixed price 3 course lunch. Dinner from the menu. Sol e Lune is romantic. It's in a house and you eat on porch, garden or inside. Le Taitu looks like "a hole in the wall" but is very quaint, almost like part is in a cave.

Grand Case: LaVilla chef owner used to wait tables at L"Auberge Gormand, which is another good romantic small restaurant (not sure they've reopened yet). Piazza Pascale further down Grand Case Blvd. on left tucked in an alcove of shops. The restaurant is at the end and upstairs.

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 01/31/2019 09:18 PM

Tuesday evenings in Grand Case is Harmony Night. Street closes. Vendors, LOLOs music, parade. Park near airport and walk in unless you get there very early to park before the closure barricade.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 01/31/2019 09:32 PM

Second the vote on Bistro Caraibes in Grand Case. Across the street was Ocean 82 with all their live lobster tanks, but I don't believe that place came back. If so, would highly recommend that place, too. Down the street a bit is the Rainbow Cafe and would recommend them as well, but not over my two top choices. Keep in mind that prices will be in euros on the french side. No biggie if using a credit card, but I would suggest checking to see if U.S. dollars are accepted on an even basis (though unlikely). If so, however, I would then pay in cash.
Posted By: SANFILIP

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 01/31/2019 09:37 PM

Auberge Gormand- Grand Case
La Cigale- Nettle Bay
Mario's Bistro-Porto Cupecoy
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 01/31/2019 09:46 PM

Just to point out--Mario's is on the Dutch side
Posted By: weeks5051

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 01/31/2019 09:58 PM

Spiga is excellent also.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 02/01/2019 12:36 AM

Please don't park in the parking lot opposite to Lolos at night in Grand Case . A lot of druggies and they will steal the car tires.
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 02/01/2019 12:40 AM

That’s why you need a cab
Posted By: DDnBob

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 02/01/2019 01:48 AM

Kennys did you personally experience a problem parking in the lot across from the Lolo's? We were there last November for two weeks and almost every night parked there and never had any problem what so ever.
Posted By: Sun4MnM

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 02/01/2019 01:49 AM

Le Piment in Orient Village
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 02/01/2019 01:53 AM

This is what Kenny posted "A lot of druggies and they will steal the car tires."
Probably had trouble with some cars he rented out that parked there is my guess.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 02/01/2019 12:02 PM

Another vote for BZH Creperie in Oyster Pond.
Posted By: PnPinNC

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 02/01/2019 12:17 PM

Le Piment in Orient Village and Piazza Pascal in Grand case - our two must go places.

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 02/01/2019 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Kennys
Please don't park in the parking lot opposite to Lolos at night in Grand Case . A lot of druggies and they will steal the car tires.

Thank you so much for that info, Leslie. Just another reason why we trust you so very much. RO
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 02/01/2019 02:31 PM

Does anyone know if there are plans to re-open the paid parking lot? It was closed in December.
Posted By: StMartinFan

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 02/01/2019 02:35 PM

Another vote for Bistro Caraibes in Grand Case. We ate there Wednesday night and had several wonderful dishes...veal scallopini with blue cheese sauce, fresh lobster served with half as Thermidor and half grilled, scallops, and sea bass. Desserts were also great...molten chocolate cake and profiteroles. Friendly hosts and good service.

Other excellent restaurants we've enjoyed in previous years that are open on the main street are L'Auberge Gormand, La Villa, Le Cottage and Piazza Pascal. (Oceans 82 is still walled off but did have what looked like it might be a construction permit on the outside wall.)

I believe Spiga is also open as well as a new place on the water side Barranco, but we've never tried either of those.
Posted By: xraylady

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 02/01/2019 07:50 PM

Would strongly recommend Spiga. Have never had anything but a great meal there and the owners and staff are outstanding. Would also recommend Al Dente which from Grand Case is on the main road to Orient. I would call the area Hope Estates but we have stayed several times just up the block at Jardin d O and their address is Mount Vernon.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 02/02/2019 03:02 AM

I think one of the best restaurants on the French side is Le Cottage in Grand Case Another great restaurant is Sol e Luna on Mount Vernon Road in Cul de Sac. There are several others but these are prize winning!
Posted By: Todd_Melinda_K

Re: Best Restaurants currently on French Side? - 02/02/2019 04:31 AM

We just got back. We enjoyed dinners at La Villa, Blue Martini, Talk of the Town Lolo & Barranco. All of them were wonderful. La Villa has a price fix menu that is hard to beat. Blue Martini has a great vibe and menu, plus live music-we saw Percy Rankin perform on Sat night. Barranco is very hip & new, has a somewhat limited menu and an incredible view (on the water side).

Not Grand Case, but there are several amazing restaurants in Orient Village - Le Piment, Cote Plage & SAO
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline