TravelTalkOnline

Jimbos last night

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Jimbos last night - 05/23/2019 10:31 AM

After a long absence we decided to give Jimbos another try as our guests wanted to go there. Service was very slow and I had to send my dinner back after over an hour wait from when we ordered. They wanted to bring another dish so I said I was concerned it would take to long and others at our table would be done by the time mine came. Jumbo insisted it would only take a few minutes. I said ok. After 20 min I asked for my food and was told cook was just putting it on the grill. Told him to cancel it. Only plus I found is he no longer adds the 5% tot on the bill on top of the 15% sc.
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Jimbos last night - 05/23/2019 11:45 AM

So sorry to hear that. We've had some good food and some very memorable nights, like the night the entire Celine Pub Crawl crew waded into the pool still dressed and ordered drinks from the pool side of the bar. Ok, maybe you had to be there but we all laughed 'til we cried.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Jimbos last night - 05/23/2019 12:02 PM

Classy. Lol
Posted By: SandS

Re: Jimbos last night - 05/23/2019 01:00 PM

We love Jimbo’s but had a similar experience in February. We will probably give it another try because we love the ribs. He needs to get his act together.
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Jimbos last night - 05/23/2019 04:58 PM

We ate at Jimbo's the last time we were at SXM and my daughter ordered her order without black olives. Jimbo was talking to us when the order was delivered and when my daughter said there were olives in it, Jimbo bent over and hand picked the olives out of her salad! That was the last time we ever ate there. We really did like the food there, but that was the most unpleasant experience we had in a long time. .
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Jimbos last night - 05/23/2019 05:11 PM

Taco Bell food chain has better Mexican food than Jimbos.
Posted By: DandM29212

Re: Jimbos last night - 05/24/2019 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
After a long absence we decided to give Jimbos another try as our guests wanted to go there. .... Only plus I found is he no longer adds the 5% tot on the bill on top of the 15% sc.

The problem with the bills at Jimbo's is that they show the 15% service charge as TAX, so of course, many people tip on top of that until they learn better. If restaurants on the Dutch side want to add a standard 15% tip, fine, but it shouldn't be shown as TAX! That's nothing more than intentional deception.
Posted By: beachy

Re: Jimbos last night - 05/26/2019 04:19 AM

We ate at Jimbo's in March and were very disappointed, very few people in the restaurant and the service was slow.
Posted By: PreK176

Re: Jimbos last night - 05/26/2019 02:28 PM

After many years we tried Jimbo's again last year. We were the only people there and service was slow- beyond the island thing. Although the food was good, it wasn't super impressive but we considered it pricey for a lunch. Think we were in the area at the time and I used to really like the vibe of the place. One of these days I will make it back to 3 Amigos! Really love their food!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline