TravelTalkOnline

Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today?

Posted By: sxmmartini

Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 12:22 PM

What is the best place in Orient for lunch today? It is cloudy with showers on and off?
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 12:42 PM

Take a short ride up to Sol e Luna at Mt. Vernon. Lunch is amazing. Pre fix for 24euro. They make the best gin and tonic too!
Posted By: Colibri

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 03:34 PM

Le Telegraphe. Last month, I had lunch three days in a row here and it would have been more had I heeded the good advice I read (on this board I believe). Excellent food, service and reasonable. Seems to be a favorite with locals who often arrive with the pup in tow.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 04:09 PM

I've had my eye on that place. Would you say it was "casual" to come from the beach in beach attire with a cover up and no shoes?
Posted By: PnPinNC

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 04:44 PM

I'll second Le Telegraphe -- went there several times in June!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 04:47 PM

Is Le Telegraphe in Orient Village? Where?

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 04:53 PM

By the way, this website says they are not open on Wednesdays, which is today. Martini is probably already on her way to lunch anyway..
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Is Le Telegraphe in Orient Village? Where?

Across the square from Le Piment - on the beach.

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 05:34 PM

Linda--I'm confused, I was thinking there were some condo rental offices, etc., between the square and the beach on that side of the road?
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 05:44 PM

Linda--I'm confused, I was thinking there were some condo rental offices, etc., between the square and the beach on that side of the road?

This should help you out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK9TpdexFxw
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 06:20 PM

Cool video. I'll try it out in December. Thank you for posting.

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 06:22 PM

OK, well, I guess I will figure it out eventually, cause that didn't help me, unless it's on the same side of the street as Yellow Sub, in that restaurant that has had a bunch of different places in there.
Posted By: thesimpsons

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 08:23 PM

It is where the condo renting place was in the square.

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 10:23 PM

Sorry for the late reply. This place is great off the beach. It is located across the lot from Bikini and not far from Kontiki. The tables surrounding the first bar have opened windows and pretty rustic flooring so attire isn't much of an issue. Yes, it is located at the bottom of the village before the beach parking lot.

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 10:49 PM

thesimpsons--OK, thanks. mystery solved!
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/25/2019 11:01 PM

thesimpsons--OK, thanks. mystery solved!

Cool concept as well, as you have 3 distinct dining areas, beachfront, almost right on the beach and more casual, Bistro style inside and then Village square dining in the front, or back whichever way you look at it
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/26/2019 05:53 PM

Thanks for your reply. The friends that are on the island went to Yellow Sub yesterday. The restaurant you recommended looks very nice. I will plan on having lunch there soon. What did you have from the menu on your visit?

Re: Best restaurant in Orient for Lunch today? - 09/26/2019 07:20 PM

I had different fish each day with differing salad or vegetable off the menu board. One crab salad tower which was brought to a neighboring table had me tempted to order take out but decided to return the following day to try it out. The bartender winged a fresh lemonade which was quite good as was their coffee. Also, whether I was ordering dessert or not, the waitress offered a shot of rum. Pretty sure it was Ma dou dou vanilla variety was such a nice finish. Another pineapple variety not so much.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline