TravelTalkOnline

Be aware! Some complaints are fake!

Posted By: sxmmartini

Be aware! Some complaints are fake! - 11/07/2019 08:13 PM

I had a sister in law who sent letters to every place she traveled to. She would complain about everything! IMHO to get a credit or rebate. It worked almost all the time. I am talking free stays or extra days. Free comps... I am thinking about renting my villa to tourists but with social media and this demand for perfect I am not sure I am ready?
Posted By: kim

Re: Be aware! Some complaints are fake! - 11/07/2019 09:08 PM

That’s one of the main reasons we haven’t rented out ours. Owning a business and the internet is hard enough to manage. Renting out a place outside of the country that I can’t be there to answer complaints would be even harder!!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Be aware! Some complaints are fake! - 11/07/2019 11:16 PM

Good for your thinking .
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Be aware! Some complaints are fake! - 11/07/2019 11:57 PM

Reminds me of someone I know....
Posted By: takeus2sxm

Re: Be aware! Some complaints are fake! - 11/08/2019 01:00 AM

I know someone like that. They complained if they didn’t get enough mussels in their pasta dish. Everywhere they went, they complained and got something for free.
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: Be aware! Some complaints are fake! - 11/08/2019 12:41 PM

Might be worth to list it with a management company. Let them take their fee and address complaints, no matter how BS they are. Might not get as much income from the rental but then again that's what you pay them for.
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Be aware! Some complaints are fake! - 11/08/2019 12:45 PM

I had an aunt and uncle who did that all the time. You'd be surprised how many comped overnights etc they got over the years. As Kim said especially these days with social media, people would rather complain there than call or write the owner of a business to "work things out". It can be very damaging.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Be aware! Some complaints are fake! - 11/08/2019 02:06 PM

Wow, I would never think to do that. Some people have no sense of decency or honesty. I very rarely complain about someplace when I DO have a complaint. I just don't go back.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Be aware! Some complaints are fake! - 11/08/2019 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Wow, I would never think to do that. Some people have no sense of decency or honesty. I very rarely complain about someplace when I DO have a complaint. I just don't go back.

Good policy but addressing a ligitament problem directly with the business or owner gives them a chance to address and correct the problem.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Be aware! Some complaints are fake! - 11/08/2019 03:08 PM

In most cases, to me, it's not worth the effort to complain.

"ligitament"?? I use Edge as a browser here and it has an automatic spellcheck, so that if I type a word that's not a word, it's automatically underlined. What browser are you using?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Be aware! Some complaints are fake! - 11/08/2019 03:16 PM

Not sure. Using my tablet that bolds the word if correct or auto changes it. It didn't look right to me but tablet said it did. Oh well. Slap me on the side of my head.
Posted By: VGerfo

Re: Be aware! Some complaints are fake! - 11/09/2019 01:25 AM

I feel exactly the same way. What a shameful practice!
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Be aware! Some complaints are fake! - 11/09/2019 01:35 AM

Over 40 years in the hospitality business, nothing surprises me on the level of human behavior
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline