TravelTalkOnline

Club Orient - Any Latest News

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/09/2019 11:25 PM

Reading some FB posts an awful lot of them have this “past tense vibe” to them like “gone forever”, etc.

The passage of most of this year without any good/bad word does make me wonder “what in the wide world of sports is going on?”

Anybody have any hint?
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/09/2019 11:30 PM

I did read a Facebook post that said they talked with someone who claims there has been some progress in the courts, but you have to take this stuff with a grain of salt.
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/13/2019 12:44 AM

It's way more complicated than an earthquake hitting a pasta factory. Unbelievably complicated. Hang in...

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/14/2019 11:13 AM

Its hard to read the silence though. Usually any topic with Club O attracts readers/postings like bees to honey.

But not now, either something is moving and folks involved dont want to mess it up or nothing is happening and folks involved sad/tired of talking about it.

Meetings?

Lawyers getting paid?

Insurance companies/checks?
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/14/2019 01:30 PM

Don't drive yourself crazy trying to read the tea leaves. Just know that the parties involved are working diligently on the issues and when there is something to share you'll hear it.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/14/2019 01:52 PM

Well, to me that is somewhat encouraging, that at least someone is still working on resolving the issues. The world is a better place with Club Orient in it..

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/14/2019 05:58 PM

Not crazy Im just approaching 12 month since last yellow umbrella visit and have heard nothing interesting about anything diligently going on. Diligently must come in many different speed options.

While our first land trip was at CO, we began spending more trips off property as it forced us to see more of the island.

So, We are ok as long as the beach is there. It is enough of a draw to bring us to the island if airfare/lodging are affordable.

I do fear so many people have found an alternative in what will soon be the third high season lost. Also, worry the eventual return will be more difficult and more expensive. But whatever/however they make it back I would try to support either on/off property.

Speed up that diligence machine. Either folks are making a deal or going to court, which is it?
Posted By: Jeff_C

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/14/2019 06:06 PM

Hello all ,
I must say I do feel sorry for the owners at Club O . But for some one who has never stayed at Club O . But has just rented their chairs , for the last 22 years . I still love the beach . Had a great time for 1 wk. in Nov./Dec .
And we will be back in April for 16 days . Kudos to Cedric for all the great work he does to keep the dream alive , Jeff_C
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/14/2019 06:12 PM

The people who are asking if there is any news or updates about Club Orient are asking because they care! "When there is something to share you'll hear it." Whatever!!!!

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/15/2019 01:00 AM

Thanks, that is right those that care want to know. I also fear since very few post/info might mean interest is waning or some have written off the place. If that’s not true, then I expect some posts to that effect. Im waiting and counting smile.

Sound off like you give a care! 😉. Gunnery Sgt Hartmann
Posted By: arehouse

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/15/2019 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
...The world is a better place with Club Orient in it..

👍👍👍
Posted By: Tonythepilot

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/15/2019 04:34 PM

I care. I check this site every day looking for some good news. It's been scary quiet. I see places on the island like La Belle Creole and I wonder if Club O will meet the same fate?
Posted By: Jim_Laraine

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/15/2019 04:48 PM

We used to always stay on the Dutch side but would tack on 2 to 5 days at Club O at the end of the trip to top it off nicely.

Maybe again someday......

Attached picture SXM1.jpg

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/15/2019 04:52 PM

Looks to be one of the chalets. I never spent the money for one of those, always went for a studio or mini-suite. Loved the studios with ocean view, even though they were pretty small inside! As you said, hopefully Club O will be there again, someday.
Posted By: Jim_Laraine

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/15/2019 04:59 PM

We only stayed in the Ocean front studios twice I think, back when the price was affordable for us. Usually it was a studio or mini-suite, seemed like the studios were $135 for many years. umbrella

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/15/2019 05:32 PM

Right, I remember spending about $135 a night for a studio.

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/15/2019 07:00 PM

Papagayo 1982

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: ChuckG

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/19/2019 11:33 AM

Spoke to an owner yesterday (12/18) on the beach, she said her husband was talking to lawyers in France right then, remains hopeful. Might see her again before we leave and ask if any progress.

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/19/2019 02:13 PM

Thanks! If you still have their ear... What do they think of Perch Lite becoming a permanent structure put on a solid foundation approved by the French Gov.? Two years+ of business gives them squatters rights and they are no longer illegal.
2- Does the multistory building that was approved and has permits to build have a go ahead by the owners?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/19/2019 03:05 PM

Two years+ of business gives them squatters rights and they are no longer illegal.

These "squatters rights" you mention have not worked out too well with at least a couple of other businesses on both sides of the island.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/19/2019 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Two years+ of business gives them squatters rights and they are no longer illegal.

These "squatters rights" you mention have not worked out too well with at least a couple of other businesses on both sides of the island.

Gus on red beach comes to mind.
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/19/2019 03:43 PM

Um. They're not squatters.

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/19/2019 03:52 PM

In all due respect... being someone in the know, how can your parents (owners @ Club Orient) lease to Perch Lite when there are no permits to build as of late?

Re: Club Orient - Any Latest News - 12/19/2019 04:34 PM

OK, I do not like the tone of this post whatsoever. Jenni does not have to explain anything to you. This one is done.

If someone has some actual new information, please start a new thread.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline