TravelTalkOnline

Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/29/2019 09:59 PM

Saw on Facebook for what it's worth that Daleo's on Mullet is installing restrooms. Posted by someone on Jeff Bergers site.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/29/2019 10:01 PM

On public or private property?

Wendell

Re: Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/29/2019 10:13 PM

Not sure. Daleo's has been there for awhile but not sure where restrooms will be located.
Posted By: pat

Re: Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/29/2019 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by SXMWendell
On public or private property?

Wendell

I’m with you, Wendell. How does one go about installing restrooms on privately owned property that is already tied up in legal maneuverings? Porta-potties, maybe, but true rest rooms would require serious septic system arrangements that close to the beach and I doubt even the government can build on Ansari’s property while it’s tied up.

Re: Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/30/2019 12:44 AM

Don't shoot the messenger. I just relayed what I read on a Facebook post on Jeff Bergers page. I find it hard to believe they can do it too. Porta potty yes. Full service restroom with plumbing no.

Re: Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/30/2019 01:06 AM

When in doubt - consider the source.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/30/2019 01:34 AM

Real restrooms?? Attached to a sewer system? How could that be??? Or some kind of a chemical toilet?? Would be great, don't get me wrong, but I doubt it.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/30/2019 02:01 AM

Maybe Barbara could chime in

Wendell
Posted By: NumberCruncher

Re: Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/30/2019 03:01 AM

Long ago, but after the resort was gone, there were real restrooms They were hooked up to real plumbing and had running water to flush. Must be that the sewers are still there and they tied in. John

Re: Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/30/2019 03:12 AM

John,

Those restrooms you’re speaking of were part of the original Mullet Bay Resort amenities, all of which are currently tied up in the same legal wranglings that encompasses the entire Mullet Bay property right now, not to mention they were well away from the Daleo section of the beach which might also be problematic.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/31/2019 10:34 AM

The question is; Who is building these bathrooms?? Where are they getting the pluming to make this happen??? The old bathrooms are long gone and were never maintained. Lastly, can't be for free???? I wouldn't mind paying as long as they were kept clean and neat!! It's one of our favorite beaches, but that is one reason we stopped going there. I stopped by there back in November. (Take a look around)The beach guys are charging $15.00 two chairs with umbrella. That's not bad!!!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/31/2019 10:44 AM

Daleo's was charging $20 for a set of chairs and umbrella last month compared to a set being $15 in front of Rosie's. I will believe the restroom thing when I see it.
Posted By: Doc Bill

Re: Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/31/2019 01:42 PM

Hopefully a response from someone who has actually used or has seen the facility. Is it a porta potty setup or real flushable toilets?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Daleo’s Beach Bar installing restrooms - 12/31/2019 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Bill
Hopefully a response from someone who has actually used or has seen the facility. Is it a porta potty setup or real flushable toilets?

I don't think it has actually happened yet.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline