TravelTalkOnline

Checking In Online

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Checking In Online - 03/16/2020 07:25 PM

As I stated yesterday (I think), friends who left yesterday mentioned it would have been easier had they checked in online and printed boarding passes. That was met with some resistance here as some thought this to be inaccurate. I was just going on what I was. She then today mentioned the people she was referring to were passengers who had used the kiosk outside the airport for their check in.

Well, guess what? I just received my email confirmation from Delta about 30 minutes ago. I checked in online and was going to go to the airport to use the kiosk. I then thought about trying from the resort and again, guess what? I was able to print the boarding passes here without going to the airport, although that option was offered. There was no phone option for the passes but I was able to do what some said could not be done.

As a side note, the seating chart shows a lot of open seats going back but when I got back into my account to print the boarding passes, there was a notice that volunteers for later (who knows when later is?) flights would be solicited at the airport. I doubt they get many takers. Under normal circumstances, I would possibly consider it, depending on the compensation, but not at all in this case.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Checking In Online - 03/16/2020 07:28 PM

Good deal!!!! I hope you are able to get out tomorrow.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Checking In Online - 03/16/2020 07:49 PM

Nice...safe travels
Posted By: Bdallas

Re: Checking In Online - 03/16/2020 08:13 PM

Glad u got on jd. I checked a lot today and it was showing 25 -27 open seats. Just checked now it is down to 4
Bob
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Checking In Online - 03/16/2020 08:20 PM

Good luck and hope all goes well getting home.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Checking In Online - 03/16/2020 08:21 PM

Since they sell a lot of those seats where the seats are not assigned till check in, I'm sure that's the deal.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Checking In Online - 03/16/2020 08:23 PM

Be safe.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Checking In Online - 03/16/2020 08:26 PM

Sounds encouraging. Good luck! Next time I travel if I even hear of someone in China with so much as a head cold I'm going to think twice.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Checking In Online - 03/16/2020 08:30 PM

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the thoughts.

Funny thing on booking this, the regular seats where you select your seats were less than the seats with no seat assignment. I was assigned seats when I booked and they are decent so I will not make any changes and see what happens. Friends with assigned seats had them reassigned (not their choice) when they checked in yesterday.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline