TravelTalkOnline

Club Orient deal Reached

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Club Orient deal Reached - 04/01/2020 08:55 PM

April Fools!
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/01/2020 09:04 PM

That will be a good one for the next 10-20 years.

Wendell
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/01/2020 09:06 PM

Like Mullet Bay!
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/01/2020 09:07 PM

So you are starting a new resort at Mullet Bay?

Wendell
Posted By: mikeandsandy

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/01/2020 09:20 PM

not funny my heart went aflutter
Posted By: JohnB

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/01/2020 10:19 PM

cruel joke

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/01/2020 10:22 PM

I know, it hurts me too.

Thought three times, then did it anyway.

But better than talking medical and maybe someone will have some news they are holding to make it closer to true.

Maybe the DA holdouts will see the stupidity and Cut a deal.
Posted By: thesimpsons

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/01/2020 11:03 PM

Probably should have gone with the voice that said no.

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/01/2020 11:06 PM

I know, I’m sorry.
Posted By: doctorj

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/01/2020 11:19 PM

Ouch!
carib cheers,
got me for sure!
doctorj
Posted By: thesimpsons

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/01/2020 11:19 PM

Thank you.
Posted By: 320sycamore

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/02/2020 12:38 AM

Maybe they can apply for some French equivalent of our US airline bailout money?
Posted By: Marcheall

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/02/2020 12:41 AM

Got me. I had a sudden moment of joy.
Posted By: Hdrdr911

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/02/2020 09:32 PM

One in every crowd. A brief moment of joy before I opened the post and a realization it was April Fools day as I knew I'd been had.
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/02/2020 10:46 PM

I was amused, and I knew that it was not true. I'm fortunately enough to still be working so I haven't totally lost
track of time... wink
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/02/2020 10:54 PM

Pian in the butt

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/03/2020 12:13 AM

Sorry to all, but it had been quiet here On the topic and it does change the subject from even worse topics.

It was a positive thinking headline though and maybe petty differences will end
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/03/2020 12:27 AM

So are you saying the check I mailed yesterday for a deposit to Club O will end up where my other checks to my Saudi Prince Uncle in Jamaica who has an Inheritance fortune for me, and the money I sent to extend my auto warranty, and my free college loan payoff that cost me $10,000 ?? Is that what you are telling me ???
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/03/2020 02:07 AM

I think you got it. I see that college degree paid off. Lol
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/03/2020 02:39 AM

Does anyone out there think this may actually happen one day?

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/03/2020 05:16 PM

Yeah, short of a global pandemic, things usually get sorted out over time. Oh wait, that’s now. Still think demand is there for the best paradise On earth. And maybe something like this will lead to concessions and less fighting.
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/03/2020 06:07 PM

I really wish there would be a settlement. I don't believe that there will be a deal reached in the near future. Since I do not own a unit nor am I privy to meeting(s) that have occurred, I have to base my opinion on hearsay. It appears that there are a select few owners that are holding the remainder of the owners hostage and are not willing to concede. It's truly a shame because in less than 6 months it will have been 3 years since Irma and no sign of any movement in a positive manner. Unfortunately it appears that the government has little ability to litigate this situation. Truly a shame because I think the island, in light of this current pandemic, needs tourism to recover and Club O was a big draw and money maker. If this was a privately owned corporation, it would have been rebuilt by now.

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/03/2020 07:28 PM

Management structure is the problem. Like many partnerships/arrangements they start out well but don’t endure the test of time with death, divorce, depression, hurricane and pandemic.

I would think the majority should sue the insurance company that is waiting for things to sort out. You could payout the undisputed amounts and hold the disputed share amounts in an account to eventually go to the holdout dissidents or to the majority owners however it sorts out. Clearly the majority is accruing damage in this non-lawyer’s eyes. Any lawyers in the house? 😀
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/03/2020 11:54 PM

The insurance company should be encouraged to file an interpleader complaint, deposit the policy limits with the court, and let the various claimants present their claims to the court for a court-ordered distribution of the funds.
I’m retired now, so don’t ask for advice !
Don
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/03/2020 11:56 PM

I’ll be happy to buy out the holdouts for $1 each, which is about the present value of their property. Heck, I’ll give ‘em $2.
Posted By: mikeandsandy

Re: Club Orient deal Reached - 04/04/2020 11:20 AM

I was hoping that this thread would prompt someone in the know to give us a legitimate update on what is going on. I am to old to wait for ten years for this to get sorted out. I remember how long Pat was in the French courts over at coconut beach. If it takes that long I'll never see Club O again, and neither will most of the owners.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline