TravelTalkOnline

Prices of airline tickets

Posted By: bran

Prices of airline tickets - 04/12/2020 07:38 PM

I am not so sure we are going to get the deals one thinks.......albeit looking at(and just for fun) FC from Mia to SXM mid November. AA are asking at present $1951.00 per person. You WHAT!!!!! They have lost millions and will be bailed out to a certain extent, but like their ways of charging for seats, bags, etc....they will find a way. If anyone is seeing great deals, around that time would be interested to hear. Sure things will change but come on, showing a price like this so far out does not give me confidence when its the airlines who should be given us the confidence. However, if their thinking behind this is that they might for this whole year at least be taking into consideration half empty planes and pulling out seats and blocking them off etc......then look out! thumbsdown
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Prices of airline tickets - 04/12/2020 08:02 PM

There were some reported deals out there but for the months of like June July and August and very limited cities. I have checked a few times for late Oct. to mid-Nov. and it is running $1100-$1400 EACH for coach. The "deals" never seem to be where I fly from.

Delta is also blocking middle seat selection until the end of May. Fewer passengers, less revenue equals higher prices.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Prices of airline tickets - 04/12/2020 08:07 PM

I feel the only thing that will get the world back to semi normal will be a vaccine for the covid-19 and one with a high percentage of a effective response.

Would people here really want to get on any airplane by choice in the next 6-9 months? It's not the airplane but to a safe destination. If most are like me the are in the 60+ crowd. Are you going to take out health evacuation insurance? Will the insurance cover a virus evacuation? Do you think SXM medical system would have room for you if you got sick for any reason? Are you willing to do a 14 day quarantine COMING AND GOING? that can be very possible in the next 6 months. This is not going to be like a light switch. It will take time to trust traveling local and abroad again.

Wendell
Posted By: BGH

Re: Prices of airline tickets - 04/12/2020 08:40 PM

Re those great deals ...Perhaps they are accepting money on a perceived nice deal followed by cancelling the flight ...Cash grab. ya think ?
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Prices of airline tickets - 04/12/2020 08:51 PM

Was looking for our November trip last night, JB from FLL $850 for the 2 of us, more than normal, so checked AA $3500, crazy, then checked Delta from our local airport MLB, and Delta has been crazy high since Irma, $1400 for 2, so still high but a lot better than it has been and nothing like crazy AA
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Prices of airline tickets - 04/12/2020 09:30 PM

Fares from CVG are cheap through Sep but you have to piece two round trips together and spend the night in Miami.

They get more expensive in Oct/Nov.

3-19 November is $163 + $387= $550 round trip + MIA airport hotels on AA with overnights both ways.

Not too much money if you really want to get to SXM.

Re: Prices of airline tickets - 04/12/2020 09:49 PM

Sorry, when you add on 2 extra days and $200+ for hotels, really not a bargain IMHO.
Posted By: Steve Bond

Re: Prices of airline tickets - 04/12/2020 10:40 PM

United Newark to SXM mid Feb rt $501. Mid March $1609 plus. December I booked rt for $565
Posted By: Steve Bond

Re: Prices of airline tickets - 04/12/2020 10:41 PM

United Newark to SXM mid Feb rt $501. Mid March $1609 plus. December I booked rt for $565. These are direct flights
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Prices of airline tickets - 04/12/2020 10:55 PM

$790 direct connection
AA RT from CVG 3-19NOV..........no hotels ...... connect MIA down and CLT return

Re: Prices of airline tickets - 04/13/2020 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanPirate
$790 direct connection
AA RT from CVG 3-19NOV..........no hotels ...... connect MIA down and CLT return

Thanks for the info. While I much prefer DAY (and there is not much in the way of decent fares there that I could find), CMH or CVG would do if the price was right but no way could I realistically do a 16 day trip.
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Prices of airline tickets - 04/13/2020 01:20 PM

R/T JB (Blue) 706$ Worcester to sxm 10-17 November ...layover in FLL
636$ lowest
Posted By: Richie

Re: Prices of airline tickets - 04/13/2020 06:46 PM

Just booked last week out of Newark United for 239.00 RT for November couldn’t pass that up now the fare jumped up to over 400.00 timing is of the essence I guess
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline