TravelTalkOnline

Interesting Information from Madeariman Anguilla

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Interesting Information from Madeariman Anguilla - 04/30/2020 04:31 PM

Possibly opening May 2?

FACEBOOK LINK

Not sure what this might mean for the rest of the nearby islands, including SXM.

I would assume this is only for residents of Anguilla, unless they are opening up for incoming travel as well. No idea but I found it interesting they appear to be opening.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Interesting Information from Madeariman Anguilla - 04/30/2020 04:38 PM

As far as I know, Anguilla is still shut down from any incoming people, so I assume it just means that the restaurant will open, for anyone currently on island. There was a story in the DH the other day that there are currently no active cases there.

Re: Interesting Information from Madeariman Anguilla - 04/30/2020 04:41 PM

That was my thinking. I was a little surprised to see this and thought it was worth sharing and may provide some hope going forward.
Posted By: Ellen777

Re: Interesting Information from Madeariman Anguilla - 04/30/2020 05:17 PM

All of the restaurants have permission for in house dining, starting today, Thurs, Apr 30.
The borders are still closed. There are two flights out today on Silver AXA to SJU, and it looks as if there may be one tomorrow, Fri May 1.
They had 3 cases, and now none, the GOA is being extremely careful.
Posted By: CLIFFTOPS

Re: Interesting Information from Madeariman Anguilla - 04/30/2020 05:39 PM

Anguilla is doing everything possible with surveillance flights and boat patrols to keep the borders secure.
All local boat traffic is monitored by requiring each boat to have a GPS system so the government can keep tabs on where it is.
No boats are allowed on the south side of island.
We are very concerned about a possible breach of our borders from someone from SXM.
We have no active cases and the 3 that were imported here have recovered.
All restrictions on the people here are lifted but social distances will still be practiced.
The borders will not be opened until at least end of May and then only for returning Anguillian who must be quarantined in a government facility for 14 days.
It will be some time before tourists will return and they also will be subject to quarantine requirements as that is what most people here want.
The government has done a commendable job and believe it will be a blueprint for other islands including SXM to re open.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Interesting Information from Madeariman Anguilla - 04/30/2020 06:09 PM

So happy for Anguilla!

Re: Interesting Information from Madeariman Anguilla - 04/30/2020 07:21 PM

Thanks to you and CLIFFTOPS for the updates.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline