TravelTalkOnline

Jet Blue cancelled

Posted By: wendyk

Jet Blue cancelled - 10/14/2020 01:47 PM

Notification this morning from Jet Blue that the direct flight from Boston to SXM on 31 October has been cancelled. The next available flight is the following Sat,Nov 7.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Jet Blue cancelled - 10/14/2020 02:26 PM

Wow, that sucks. So many airlines are cancelling flights to SXM. I would assume, based on low passenger loads..
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: Jet Blue cancelled - 10/14/2020 02:41 PM

I have had my flight changed so many times. Changed from 10/31 to 11/7; to now 11/1 to 11/11. Also city and airlines have changed - from Delta, to United, and now American Airlines. Traveling now is not for the faint of heart these days.
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: Jet Blue cancelled - 10/14/2020 02:58 PM

I was just looking at arrivals for the next 2 days...only one flight from usa. None from Europe. Unless I read it wrong. Certainly not easy to get there. Was thinking about making plans for beginning of Dec. like last year...maybe need to rethink. We hope to go at Regatta time also...We are used to going 3 or 4 times a year. Very disappointing.
Posted By: pat

Re: Jet Blue cancelled - 10/14/2020 03:14 PM

All these 'changes' and 'cancellations' are making our SXM vacations difficult, for sure, but the end result - assuming the trips actually happen, is so worth the effort. Like most other people, we're holding our breath that our Nov/Dec trip takes place.

This is purely curiosity on my part since I don't recall seeing anything, but has there been any government decision as to whether or not Carnival (both Dutch and French) and regatta will be allowed to happen?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Jet Blue cancelled - 10/14/2020 03:22 PM

My guess is with the current covid test protocals and the uncertanty if insurance will be required and have to be purchased from SXM ,more people will be cancelling existing reservations or not making them until all is settled. This is something the airlines have to deal with which is resulting in cancelled flights and changes.
Posted By: wendyk

Re: Jet Blue cancelled - 10/15/2020 12:09 AM

I think that is the case. The flight I was booked on was not very full, and I was afraid it might be cancelled. I will now go the following week, and there were not a lot of flights available, so hope it will fly. I feel bad for the airlines trying to juggle things with changing regulations. Jet Blue agents were very kind and helpful.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Jet Blue cancelled - 10/15/2020 12:27 AM

Get some courage and be positive my Dear.
Posted By: 320sycamore

Re: Jet Blue cancelled - 10/15/2020 12:34 AM

We, too, had our JetBlue flights from Boston for November 3 canceled this Monday. (Since then we made end around plans to go instead to Miami via JB and the next day to SXM by AA, yes, not ideal but so be it, at least we are getting there, even if a day late.)
Not trying to be political but, since the airlines layoffs after Sept 30 and after getting no more bailout money from stimulus 2, whether one thinks that is justified or not, sounds like because that did not happen this is where we are.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline