TravelTalkOnline

Busy Airport today!!

Posted By: blackmercedes

Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 01:37 PM

There are many US flights, and Air France today. KLM leaving later today.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 01:49 PM

It's Saturday. Always the busiest day!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 03:03 PM

Next Saturday, we'll be two of those people!!

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 03:04 PM

Woo Hoo! Can't wait to see you both! xxx
Posted By: pat

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye

And hopefully, a week after that we will be arriving! Can’t wait to be there!

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 03:29 PM

Fingers crossed Pat. We are due our foiled lunch!
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 04:05 PM

So jealous!!

Good Luck ---can't wait to hear all the details!!
Posted By: indi

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 04:20 PM

It's good to see so many friends returning!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by pat
Originally Posted by GaKaye

And hopefully, a week after that we will be arriving! Can’t wait to be there!

Sending good vibes that all goes as planned.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 05:29 PM

Ditto that, Scubaman!
Posted By: pat

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 05:52 PM

Thanks, guys! Keep your fingers crossed. I know I am......
Posted By: MamaB

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 05:55 PM

Fingers and toes crossed for all of you returning to our favorite place! We hope to get there in February.
Posted By: DannynGinger

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 06:35 PM

Got all of our paper work in order!!
Headed down on Monday for 3 weeks for our 26th year of island time.
Lost out on April and May this year but are scheduled for April-May 2021....
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 09:05 PM

Five arrivals today for us . Bless .
Posted By: BenP

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 10:51 PM

Thanks Lesley! Maria and I are one of your five and thankful to be back!

Immigration was insane, in a good way! We went through the health check and immigration in record time. 30 minutes from touch down to driving our rental car out of the airport with Kenny’s.

First night pizza takeout from Papadan and listening to the waves in Grand Case.... perfection!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/14/2020 11:44 PM

Thanks and do enjoy your stay . Bless.
Posted By: Jeff_C

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/15/2020 02:49 PM

Hope to see you on the Island . We will be leaving Nov. 28 for two weeks . First week on the French side . Second week on the Dutch .
We also had to cancel our trip in April . So it will be a year since we have been to SXM . ( we were there last Nov. ) We realize it will be a little different
then previous years , with covid going on . But just to sit every day down at ( former ) Club O section is all We am looking forward to . So keeping our fingers
crossed all goes well . Told my wife the other day sometimes I feel we missed the time frame with covid going on . We probably should have left a few weeks earlier .
So if we get there this Nov. I will make this the best trip ever . Cause we sure could use the R and R . Jeff

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/15/2020 03:03 PM

Hope you are staying in a private villa on French side since hotels and resorts on that side are closed to US tourist.
Posted By: dvesc

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/15/2020 03:49 PM

I’m confused about hotels being closed. We have a reservation at a hotel in Orient Bay for mid December. There’s a good chance we’ll switch to an AirBnB we found recently, but we do still have a room at the hotel and haven’t been told we’re not allowed to stay there. We booked through Travelocity but have communicated directly with the hotel, too. I don’t think it’s any secret we’re from the U.S.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/15/2020 04:00 PM

It's very confusing. French officials in SXM apparently are saying hotels can't accept US visitors and SOME hotels on the French side are saying US visitors can stay there. So far I haven't seen any firsthand reports of US visitors who are actually staying at a French side hotel (as opposed to a villa or BnB situation)
Posted By: dvesc

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/15/2020 04:47 PM

I’m glad we have the option of the AirBnB. We were holding on to the hotel in case the apartment rental fell through, but I guess that’s not a sure thing either. I’ve said before that I can’t really get excited about this trip because of the number of roadblocks that keep popping up. I just hope there’s not something else I’m missing. If we don’t go, that’s fine. I’d be disappointed, but I’d obviously rather make that decision beforehand than show up on the island only to learn of some other rule or restriction that will suddenly significantly change our plans.
Posted By: Angelface

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/15/2020 06:55 PM

Hope to be landing at the airport a week from today!
Posted By: the captain

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/16/2020 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff_C
Hope to see you on the Island . We will be leaving Nov. 28 for two weeks . First week on the French side . Second week on the Dutch .
We also had to cancel our trip in April . So it will be a year since we have been to SXM . ( we were there last Nov. ) We realize it will be a little different
then previous years , with covid going on . But just to sit every day down at ( former ) Club O section is all We am looking forward to . So keeping our fingers
crossed all goes well . Told my wife the other day sometimes I feel we missed the time frame with covid going on . We probably should have left a few weeks earlier .
So if we get there this Nov. I will make this the best trip ever . Cause we sure could use the R and R . Jeff

Look forwardto details on both sides.
Posted By: Jeff_C

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/16/2020 10:19 AM

Yes we have a private villa in Anns Marcel for the first week .

Re: Busy Airport today!! - 11/16/2020 03:30 PM

That's good.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline