TravelTalkOnline

Toppers relocating

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Toppers relocating - 11/25/2020 03:26 PM

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islan...-topper-s-distillery-topper-s-restaurant
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Toppers relocating - 11/25/2020 03:39 PM

This story has been around for a while, but somehow I didn't notice the part where they are moving the Carousel to the airport. I wonder if it will be operational, or just for show?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Toppers relocating - 11/25/2020 03:54 PM

The Carousel (ride) being moved may have been mentioned in Berger's newsletter as I know I read is somewhere. I thought initially it was going to be moved to the cruise terminal, but perhaps I am mistaken or it changed.

Re: Toppers relocating - 11/25/2020 03:55 PM

Yes. There was a lot of speculation as to where it would be located. At one time it was said to be located at cruise ship dock. I posted this to get right info out.

Re: Toppers relocating - 11/25/2020 04:58 PM

Oh, ok. Frankly, I think it would fit better at the cruise dock, but whatever.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Toppers relocating - 11/25/2020 08:38 PM

Same here. More kids and more chance for it to be used and a lot more room.

Re: Toppers relocating - 11/25/2020 10:31 PM

Oh my. We agree again. Can't keep this up or people will talk. 😜
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Toppers relocating - 11/25/2020 10:46 PM

The Distillery relocation is now completed. Tours begin Tuesday Dec. 1. The restaurant is still weeks away from relocating (they're celebrating T-Day at their original location). The Carousel will be relocated in the Immigration area of the airport, according to current plans. The Gelateria (and Diego!) will stay at their current locations.

Re: Toppers relocating - 11/25/2020 11:13 PM

Scubaman--rofl Agreed!
Posted By: EdB

Re: Toppers relocating - 11/26/2020 04:43 AM

i am thrilled that the Galato is STAYING!!! Topper's brisket, and gelato for desser, both in the same location is GREAT news!! Lovei the idea of the restaurant being open air with the views of the lagoon during dining. I think parking there though, will be a challenge, since the lot there maybe holds eight to ten cars? Used to be a challenge getting parking for just the gelato place...and now with the bar and restaurant will be interesting.

Re: Toppers relocating - 11/26/2020 04:48 AM

Yes. Parking will be a challenge but topper might have a solution we haven't heard of as yet. He as we all know is a smart businessman.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline