TravelTalkOnline

SO Sad...waiting to be denied :(

Posted By: wanderer01

SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/12/2020 09:02 PM

we thought we were all set for travel, found a place to do RT-PCR, received our negative results today, BUT, the lab report shows lab results as PCR, not the specific RT-PCR. We called the clinic and they clearly did not understand the difference, even though i had specifically asked for the RT-PCR prior to the test.
We submitted our application, but just waiting for what I anticipate will be a denial. Not sure if anyone else submitted results for PCR and were approved?? frown frown boohoo
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/12/2020 09:25 PM

When are you scheduled to travel?? Do you have time to go somewhere else and get one of the other tests? That might be your best choice..

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/12/2020 09:31 PM

I've been on phone all day. Sadly no, we leave on Tuesday morning. Everything here is minimum 3-5 days. I also can't find a place for Antigen test, they are in short supply.

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/12/2020 09:49 PM

How long ago did you submit your application? If it's been a few hours, you might want to re-submit it. Someone posted a phone number for them here, so you might try that also.. Best wishes.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/12/2020 10:43 PM

If it is denied, resubmit, even if you have to do so several times. Good luck.

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/12/2020 10:59 PM

Yes, i tried # and they took my email, but no response. I am resubmitting now... thank you everyone
Posted By: Bahston

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/12/2020 11:16 PM

I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

Has anyone ever reported being denied because the test said PCR instead of rt-PCR? If so, I must have missed it. We can all read the specifics on the EHAS webpage, but we don't know how much latitude, if any, has been given to the staff reviewing the applications.

I was required to take a COVID test a few weeks ago (not for travel). The (negative) test result page shows qRT-PCR as the test type, not rt-PCR. It also shows AN SWAB as the swab type (Anterior Nasal) not NasoPharyngeal). I don't now if the test would have been approved by EHAS or not. Perhaps I should have submitted it just to find out.
Posted By: Headcounter

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/12/2020 11:59 PM

We submitted PCR tests (not rt-PCR) and were approved in a couple of hours. We arrived here on the 4th. No issues on arrival. There is hope.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/13/2020 12:21 AM

Hope all goes well for two children arriving next Sunday December 20th.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/13/2020 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Headcounter
We submitted PCR tests (not rt-PCR) and were approved in a couple of hours. We arrived here on the 4th. No issues on arrival. There is hope.

Correct...someone else here from MA had a PCR done at one of the MA Express testing sites and had no problem getting approved...that is my plan for testing

Edit: found it

Approved PCR link

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/13/2020 02:20 PM

Hope the original poster is able to get approved, but DO NOT PLAN on taking a non-approved test!!!! This is like the people that were backing the home test, which is specifically NOT approved. You MAY get lucky, because they are obviously making lots of mistakes, from the people who took all the rights tests and were getting denied. But don't DELIBERATELY take a test that you know is not supposed to be acceptable.

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/13/2020 02:59 PM

The poster I linked (Carialle ) did get approved with the PCR test mentioned in this thread and you (and I) thanked them for their info....now seems a different spin

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/13/2020 03:06 PM

boucharda--If you're responding to me, I have NEVER advised anyone to take a non-approved test. People have gotten through using non-approved tests, and been lucky to do so, in my opinion. With all these people getting denied numerous times, when they have done everything correctly, why would one deliberately take such a chance?? Not me.

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/13/2020 05:04 PM

Ok...I never said you advised anyone....I just said you thanked them for the info about the same test mentioned in this thread.

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Carialle---thanks for your info. Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Should have just done a PM to the originator of this thread...lesson learned
Posted By: EllenL

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/13/2020 08:13 PM

My husband and I also thanked Carlalle for the wonderful information. I sent them a message as. We looked into their suggestion and thats what we plan on doing in January

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/13/2020 08:39 PM

good news, we were approved. As an FYI, we did take the Rt-PCR (according to nurse) however our lab results showed PCR, it did not say RT. We were not intentionally taking unapproved test. Excited to get approved! Thank you everyone for your help!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/13/2020 09:23 PM

Good deal, enjoy your trip.
Posted By: EllenL

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/13/2020 09:29 PM

awesome have a great time

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/13/2020 09:46 PM

wanderer--glad to know you were approved. Enjoy your trip!
Posted By: Carialle

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/14/2020 12:18 AM

Not an expert but I think they might be the same, meaning PCR and RT-PCR are the same thing. The test I took and was approved without incident was labeled as: SARS-CoV2 Real-time Reverse Transcriptase (RT)-PCR Diagnostic Assay but was referred to colloquially as the PCR test when I asked about it initially.

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/14/2020 01:35 AM

Carialle--your test was listed as RT-PCR, so that is the correct test. PCR and RT-PCR are NOT the same thing.
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/17/2020 11:28 AM

May not be an issue. Many testing sites don't even know what "RT" means. It depends on what they say in the report and whether it meets the requirements of EHAS.
Posted By: oceanview17

Re: SO Sad...waiting to be denied :( - 12/17/2020 08:19 PM

what is the difference between PCR and RT-PCR TEST
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline