TravelTalkOnline

Airport private jets

Posted By: Kennys

Airport private jets - 12/28/2020 03:13 AM

Hello Folks ,the Airport is filled to the max with the private jets .
Posted By: d_fish

Re: Airport private jets - 12/28/2020 03:44 AM

New Years Eve in St. Barths....

We were in St. Barths last December shortly before New Years Eve and I’ve never seen so many super yachts in my life... more like cruise ships as far as the eye could see. My guess is the private jets fly to SXM where the passengers are whisked away to their yacht or commuter flight and on to St. Barths to celebrate NYE.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Airport private jets - 12/28/2020 01:25 PM

There were a lot there even in November; I can only imagine what it's like now!

Re: Airport private jets - 12/28/2020 02:30 PM

Yes , Lionel Richie is here now for starter . Lol.
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: Airport private jets - 12/28/2020 04:29 PM

that’s a major downer for us on this trip, having to cancel our usual NYE in St. Barth...we usually split our time between SXM and SBH, but we eventually canceled our SBH portion due to COVID testing requirements/logistics 😭
Posted By: Bobinmobile

Re: Airport private jets - 12/28/2020 09:30 PM

Simpson Bay is also filled with yachts too big to fit through the bridge. interesting to watch the people enjoying their $75k per day hotel rooms that float by.

Re: Airport private jets - 12/28/2020 11:15 PM

Good life bro still prevails even though a lot of us are still struggling . Irma and Marie was just us , but Covid 19 is the World paralysis. Prayers.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Airport private jets - 12/29/2020 08:52 AM

The wealthy aren’t going to let an itty bitty virus get in the way of a good time. Plus if they do get sick they have their own personal medivac service.

Re: Airport private jets - 12/29/2020 02:42 PM

I hear ya. I saw a picture of Walmart's Yacht $ 300,000,000 . Lawd lol.
Posted By: dvesc

Re: Airport private jets - 12/29/2020 03:02 PM

James Packer's (we had to look him up) yacht was off of Happy Bay last week for at least a few days. It's only $200 million, though. We never saw anyone on it, and they didn't invite us to board when it started to rain.

Attached picture IMG_4051.jpg
Posted By: note_book

Re: Airport private jets - 12/29/2020 03:07 PM

“Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me. They possess and enjoy early, and it does something to them, makes them soft where we are hard, and cynical where we are trustful, in a way that, unless you were born rich, it is very difficult to understand. They think, deep in their hearts, that they are better than we are because we had to discover the compensations and refuges of life for ourselves. Even when they enter deep into our world or sink below us, they still think that they are better than we are. They are different. ”

― F. Scott Fitzgerald

And the very rich have never had it financially as good as they have it now. Besides, does anyone seriously think when a billionaire, a VIP or a celebrity walk through the "private" arrival gate and the "private" customs area of the airport (where they never, ever cross paths with the arriving/departing regular Joes) they're asked to prove that they've had the right covid test less than 72 hours ago?
Posted By: Ritchard

Re: Airport private jets - 12/29/2020 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by dvesc
James Packer's (we had to look him up) yacht was off of Happy Bay last week for at least a few days. It's only $200 million, though. We never saw anyone on it, and they didn't invite us to board when it started to rain.

this yacht was anchored far out in Grand Case Bay the last few days. Seems to have moved off this morning.
Posted By: mpacote

Re: Airport private jets - 12/29/2020 07:53 PM

Some pictures while we were there last week. Kaos (Walmart heiress yacht) & Eclipse (aka The Billion Dollar Boat)

Description: Kaos - Nancy Walton Laurie's (i.e. Walmart heiress) yacht. We buzzed it while out with Too Rhum Folly
Attached picture 20201208_132940.jpg

Description: Eclipse - Roman Abramovich yacht pulled in to Phillipsburg
Attached picture StMartinEclipse.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Airport private jets - 12/29/2020 09:24 PM

Have seen Eclipse a couple of times, but that first one is really interesting looking!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Airport private jets - 01/03/2021 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by note_book
“Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me. They possess and enjoy early, and it does something to them, makes them soft where we are hard, and cynical where we are trustful, in a way that, unless you were born rich, it is very difficult to understand. They think, deep in their hearts, that they are better than we are because we had to discover the compensations and refuges of life for ourselves. Even when they enter deep into our world or sink below us, they still think that they are better than we are. They are different. ”

― F. Scott Fitzgerald

And the very rich have never had it financially as good as they have it now. Besides, does anyone seriously think when a billionaire, a VIP or a celebrity walk through the "private" arrival gate and the "private" customs area of the airport (where they never, ever cross paths with the arriving/departing regular Joes) they're asked to prove that they've had the right covid test less than 72 hours ago?

Sounds like the Hollywood elite. Some rich people use their money to help others. By the way, Paasangrahan has a reprieve until March. Hope another person comes forward to save them from extinction after March.

Re: Airport private jets - 01/03/2021 02:09 PM

Holy cow but thanks.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Airport private jets - 01/03/2021 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by dvesc

Sweet.........
https://www.superyachtfan.com/yacht/ije/
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Airport private jets - 01/05/2021 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by note_book

― F. Scott Fitzgerald

Hmmm, well this hits a lot of different points about wealth. Fortunately, we have some of the wealthiest people in the world who GET IT, but that does not speak to the overall situation. OK, hit me with your best shot.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Airport private jets - 01/05/2021 03:38 AM

In the end, politics is ALL ABOUT TAXES, not about Truth, Democracy, Decency, Morals.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Airport private jets - 01/05/2021 02:11 PM

Alrighty then, that's enough of politics. Back to the original topic, people!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline