TravelTalkOnline

TESTING AT THE AIRPORT

Posted By: JIMMYCRACKCORN

TESTING AT THE AIRPORT - 01/08/2021 08:00 PM

Question to anyone that might be able to help.
We are in NY and they are telling us that our results may not be back by the time that we need them.
Can we pay and be tested in SXM at the airport?
Trying to think ahead.
Posted By: Philo

Re: TESTING AT THE AIRPORT - 01/08/2021 08:14 PM

Without the negative test and The SXM approval you probably will not be allowed to board the plane
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: TESTING AT THE AIRPORT - 01/08/2021 08:16 PM

There was testing at the airport to the tune of about $130 or so but it was for travelers with the incorrect test. You have to fill out a form prior to arriving in SXM and if you have no test at that point, I am not sure you would be approved to travel.

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: TESTING AT THE AIRPORT - 01/08/2021 08:16 PM

when we traveled to the island a couple of weeks ago we needed to have the pre-authorization document IN HAND before we could board a plane in the US...you receive the pre-authorization document from the SXM government by filling out an online application and uploading your test results before you begin your travels

https://stmaartenehas.com/travel-requirements/
Posted By: boucharda

Re: TESTING AT THE AIRPORT - 01/08/2021 08:18 PM

Yup..agree...Approval form and negative test needed in hand before getting on the flight....of the two the key is the negative test results but I wouldn't chance trying to leave without both
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: TESTING AT THE AIRPORT - 01/08/2021 11:21 PM

The simple answer is no. You will not be permitted to board the plane without your negative test results and the EHAS approval form.
Posted By: wanderer01

Re: TESTING AT THE AIRPORT - 01/08/2021 11:47 PM

Hi.. i am from NYC, there are few places that offer 24 hour turnaround for an extra fee. You can try CareCube they have few locations in Bklyn, Queens, etc
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: TESTING AT THE AIRPORT - 01/09/2021 11:45 AM

Without a negative test *AND* preapproval of it by EHAS in hand, you will not be allowed to fly to the island.
Posted By: bonsie

Re: TESTING AT THE AIRPORT - 01/09/2021 03:03 PM

Once we submit the approval request form, how quick is SXM on getting it back to you?
Posted By: Mikel

Re: TESTING AT THE AIRPORT - 01/09/2021 03:10 PM

Last week I had one in 1 minute and the other in 1 hour.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: TESTING AT THE AIRPORT - 01/09/2021 06:44 PM

I submitted on Thursday and heard others waited 20 minutes, 50 minutes, and ours took 3 and 4 hours which is still pretty good
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline