TravelTalkOnline

Airport Food?

Posted By: timnboston

Airport Food? - 01/19/2021 01:21 PM

Are there any options for purchasing food at the airport to take on the flight home?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Airport Food? - 01/19/2021 02:40 PM

Surprised no one has addressed this yet. There were about a half dozen places inside security at the airport to get food, pre Covid, but I haven't been there recently. I assume they are still there. We had a really burger at the burger place. There was also a Dominos and the gourmet type deli. OR just pick up something on the way to the airport.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Airport Food? - 01/19/2021 02:48 PM

There are several inside and out. A small food court inside security. We usually stop at Zee Best on Airport Rd on the way to the airport for a fresh made sandwich for the trip.
Posted By: pat

Re: Airport Food? - 01/19/2021 03:50 PM

That's usually what we do, too. Last trip we somehow didn't do it and then didn't see anything at PJIA that really appealed. We thought we'd have plenty of time in CLT to eat between flights but once we got there - not so much. We ended up with Burger King since there was one in our gate area and I want to tell you, by the time we finally got around to eating it - nothing ever tasted so good. Next time we fly we will go back to plan A and do Zee Best sandwiches, for sure.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Airport Food? - 01/19/2021 08:39 PM

the hamburg place inside the airport is very good. Owned by the same gal from Nowhere Special.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Airport Food? - 01/19/2021 08:53 PM

That reminds me....Nowhere special...looks like it is just a street side bar now. No dining in the back by the lagoon since it's minus a roof. Just drink specials on the chalk board
Posted By: EdB

Re: Airport Food? - 01/20/2021 05:26 AM

no..restaurant is open as far as i know. they reopened about a month ago.

Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Airport Food? - 01/20/2021 11:58 AM

Bacchus has some good sandwiches. But I usually buy the baguette sandwiches outside.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline