TravelTalkOnline

Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March

Posted By: Island Girl

Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/23/2021 01:56 AM

We missed returning to island last March. Planning for this March. What car rentals are available? Thanks so much.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/23/2021 06:21 AM

Hertz. My go to place on SXM.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/23/2021 11:01 AM

I have received the lowest quotes from Leisure Car Rental. They pick you up at the airport in your car, take you to their office which is the rental agency closest to the airport, and you're off within five minutes. Note that many agencies will start giving "appreciation" discounts after you have rented from them a few times.

LINK to Leisure
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/23/2021 11:55 AM

I did the math and went with SXMScubaman's suggestion of Hertz instead of one of my two normal rental places. Waiting for me at the airport, very short drive down Airport Road, easy paperwork (two signatures) and that was that.

Same car (midsize Corolla) as usual At $144/week (total with taxes, fees and included liability insurance $347.44 for 14 days. That math worked for me...I did use a JetBlue discount (I think only 5%) for Hertz which is the same as any airline discount available.
Posted By: Island Girl

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/23/2021 01:47 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into both agencies.
Posted By: EscapingCold

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/23/2021 02:05 PM

Rented on the island several times. Used Kenny's Car Rental once, and by happenstance that was the only time we had a car problem. Kenny's was absolutely wonderful and extremely fair regarding the damage that occured to the car while parked at the beach. The ease of pickup and the entire process with Kenny's is smooth and easy. Worth a look when your shopping. Price is fair too.
Posted By: SXMNorm

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/23/2021 03:04 PM

For the past 7 or 8 years I have used angela@horizoncarrentals.com Angela is very reliable, has good cars, and rates. Will see her again this Thursday.
Posted By: BlueGreenWater

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/23/2021 08:12 PM

Another vote for Kenny's.
Posted By: mort

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/23/2021 09:04 PM

I have been very satisfied with Horizon Car Rental.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/23/2021 09:50 PM

i have used Alain at AAA car rental for years. Not to be confused with AAA auto club here in the states. No relation.
Posted By: bonsie

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/23/2021 10:37 PM

Another vote for Kenny's with Leslie Bruce.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/24/2021 12:50 AM

Everyone has their favorite; ours is Alain Arnell at Triple AAA SXM. We've been renting from him for ten years or more, and have always been pleased with the cars, his rates, and service.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/24/2021 05:42 AM

After so many years with one guy, who we liked a lot. We tried SAX car rental. Three years ago, we're booked with them again for this March/April trip. The service was better and the rates, well most of the rates are close to each other! You can also use your MOTC card for a discount!! We love the service from Cindy and Anil Puran! OH, another thing, all there cars have GPS, should your car get stolen!! Again, service made us change!!
Posted By: shieneehead

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/24/2021 04:30 PM

We used Alain at AAA for the first 4 trips and were happy with the service. We used Kenny's the last 2 times and were even happier. Pick up and drop off at the airport. It doesn't get easier. Leslie was great. Rates were fair. We will use him next visit as well.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/24/2021 05:35 PM

Thanks Folks for the kind support.
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/25/2021 02:22 PM

We have used AAA for the last 20 years and never had a problem pick you up at the airport then to there office then off on return we go to the office finish the paper work about 2 minutes then to the airport to be dropped off one time I left something in the car and they came back and found me , can’t get any better. I wish I was there NOW
Posted By: RI Bob C

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/25/2021 04:01 PM

Kenny's. After many others, Lesley's service is best, New cars, gives you the car at the airport, receives it back at the airport, Makes lugging your luggage much easier.
Posted By: Dutchman

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/25/2021 04:08 PM

We've always used Kenny's (Lesley) and was never disappointed with his service or price. We'll use him again on our next trip.
Posted By: f250mike

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/25/2021 06:34 PM

Kenny’s for us. Lesley is the best.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/25/2021 08:11 PM

Lesley, your service is really the best. We switched from AAA to Lesley based on reviews here. The fact that the car is right there at the airport (no having to go to another location to pick it up) is so awesome.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March - 01/25/2021 09:50 PM

Thanks Folks once again and Bob we have known each other way back , that is why I'm personally is involved in meeting and dealing with our customers. Even when I had a major fall in our home back in September 2014 , and had to be flown out to Guadaloupe for major surgery , our daughter Kenya (company named after her ) had to leave Japan from her vacation and came and helped my Wife and Son run the business. Life !
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline