TravelTalkOnline

Someone looking out for us.

Posted By: bbeach

Someone looking out for us. - 02/13/2021 02:05 PM

Had made our appt. for 11:40 Saturday for pcr tests with 3 to 5 day return time almost 120 hrs ahead. Hadn’t heard anything by Tuesday morning so called testing to see what we could find out , they said 3 to 5 work days not including weekends and said it could be a couple more days for results. Our first flight from Des Moines Ia. to Atlanta was Wednesday at noon with a two hr drive from our place to airport, and leave to SXM at 10:30 next morning. So that wasn’t going to work so called Delta and changed to leaving on the 14th for first flight and new tests. One good thing we got our first covid shots at 4:40 that same day. Then at 6:30 Tuesday night we got our negative pcr tests back by email so quick filled out the EHAS paperwork just incase and two hrs later we had both been approved. Called Delta back and got flights changed back to original times and here we are. Flights were both good, both maybe half full. Staying at Simpson Bay Resort in ocean front room first few days then move to orient, went across the street to Juliettes Bistro for pizza first night. Yacht club for breakfast and bloodies and we split a 3 lb. lobster at Lee’s last night both good. Great to be here -10 at home this morning. I forgot, after landing the whole time checking paperwork and customs and getting car at Empress took 40 minutes and driving down the road, we did have our neg tests and SXM paperwork checked 5 times during our flights.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Someone looking out for us. - 02/13/2021 02:11 PM

Thanks for the report. Glad things worked in your favor. Enjoy your trip.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Someone looking out for us. - 02/13/2021 02:15 PM

Good for you!! Enjoy!!
Posted By: vacanakey

Re: Someone looking out for us. - 02/13/2021 07:37 PM

So glad everything worked out for you guys!

From a fellow Des Moinesian...hope you both have a blast!

Would love to hear about your trip...helps get me through this cold winter. I got to change a flat tire in 15 below temps this morning...so enjoy that sunshine for me. smile

Re: Someone looking out for us. - 02/14/2021 11:53 AM

We live more toward Cedar Rapids , but couldn’t make connections work there.. changing a tire that cold would be terrible, I’m sure we are going to have fun. Didn’t figure we would actually get here either.
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Someone looking out for us. - 02/14/2021 12:20 PM

How do you rate Juliette's pizza? We normally get ours form Isola.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Someone looking out for us. - 02/14/2021 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Leagle49
How do you rate Juliette's pizza? We normally get ours form Isola.

We enjoy Juliette's pizza; comparable to Isola...

Re: Someone looking out for us. - 02/15/2021 11:33 AM

The pizza was good, never had one at Isola so can’t say.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Someone looking out for us. - 02/15/2021 11:51 AM

I think Isola pizza is outstanding. If GaKaye says they are similar, I am sure Juliette's is very good. I just finished clearing some snow (it is going to be an all day job), I would much rather have my feet in SXM sand vs the snow here. Enjoy!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Someone looking out for us. - 02/15/2021 01:20 PM

We had our first pizza from Isola a few weeks ago and it was superb....so similar to that would be a go for
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline