Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/22/2021 08:25 PM

Right on schedule!
Posted By: Tonythepilot

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/22/2021 08:31 PM

Is this just for the Dutch side?

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/22/2021 08:33 PM

Yes. French side already started a few weeks ago.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/22/2021 10:34 PM

Waiting on our appointment .
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/23/2021 12:20 AM

Got my second shot today. Happy for getting yours.

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/23/2021 12:22 AM

Thanks and which one you got ? The Moderna or the Pfzirer ? And any reactions ?

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/23/2021 12:28 AM

Pfizer. I was told today that you can expect a bigger reaction to the second Moderna shot. Not so much with the Pfizer. So far so good today. Will know more tomorrow.

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/23/2021 01:27 AM

Thanks.
Posted By: beachpeople

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/23/2021 01:56 AM

My daughter-in-law, age 30, had fever and chills for a day and a half after second Pfizer shot. Doesn't matter what shot you get, everybody's different.

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/23/2021 02:03 AM

Yep. Everyone is different but the reaction to the Moderna is usually a given.

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/23/2021 05:58 PM

Not sure if you follow SXM People Talk but here is whati posted on that this morning regarding my second Pfizer vaccine I got yesterday.....
"Pretty good. Just a little rummy but that could be because I took 2 Tylenol PM's last night and slept hard till 7:00 PST. No fever or aches and pain outside the normal old man stiffness in mornng. My wife is pretty much the same with a few stiff muscles. Other than a little soreness in arm we wouldn't know we had the shot. Hope that's the way rest of day goes. Thanks for checking in."
Hope yours goes the same.
Posted By: NumberCruncher

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/24/2021 01:27 AM

Good news that you got your second shot! Good that your side effects were not too bad. I had my second Pfizer on 02/17/21 and I had most of the side effects. Tonight is six days post vax and I am starting to feed better. I did not feel good after my first, so that may have predicted that my second would be easy. I am really happy to have both doses done! John
Posted By: NumberCruncher

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/24/2021 01:27 AM

Good news that you got your second shot! Good that your side effects were not too bad. I had my second Pfizer on 02/17/21 and I had most of the side effects. Tonight is six days post vax and I am starting to feed better. I did not feel good after my first, so that may have predicted that my second would be easy. I am really happy to have both doses done! John

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/24/2021 03:21 AM

Final update. Pretty much no reaction. Little funky this morning but nothing now. Important to keep well hydrated to get it out of system. Same with my wife too.

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/24/2021 02:19 PM

Just got our appointments for the vaccine. March 2nd!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/24/2021 02:22 PM

Hey, GREAT. Good for you!

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/24/2021 03:00 PM

Still waiting on mine's.
Posted By: RI Bob C

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/25/2021 03:46 PM

I'm getting my 2nd Moderna on Mar 4. Then I can start planning for my next visit to Mary's Boon.
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/26/2021 01:18 AM

My mom is 88. She got her 2nd Pfizer shot on Feb. 13th. She did not have any problems with either shot. So excited to get her out of the cold to go to her little place in Sarasota for a few weeks. She hates the winters here in Pa. She has not been here in the winter for many years.

Re: St. Maarten receives first Covid vaccines - 02/26/2021 09:49 PM

This was posted on SXM Talks. Looks like some non residents are getting vaccines in St Maarten when they haven't vaccinated all the residents yet. How selfish of people.
"Message to non residents getting their COVID vaccinations on St. Maarten.
We are getting reports from tourists getting COVID vaccinations on St. Maarten. Even posting it on Facebook without any shame or further reflection that they are actually taking away vaccinations from the local population as there are only a limited number of vaccinations allocated for St. Maarten by the Dutch Government, who themselves are dealing with vaccine shortages.
While we appreciate each and everyone coming to St. Maarten, we do want implore that you get your vaccinations where you are accounted for which is your country of permanent residency. Your Government has one for you so please refrain from getting yours on St. Maarten as you are literally taking it away from the local population.
We thank you for your consideration and cooperation as we mitigate this COVID pandemic exit together!
Thank you."
I saw one post on Facebook where this couple actually put a picture of themselves holding their vaccination card. Not right.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline