TravelTalkOnline

Covid Test - Help

Posted By: macaroni

Covid Test - Help - 02/25/2021 05:34 PM

Having trouble finding a place to get my covid test before heading down that will guarantee a test result within the time frame.....making me nervous...I am on Long Island, NY.... anyone have a suggestion/place that they used that worked out for them? Thanks!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Covid Test - Help - 02/25/2021 07:21 PM

Hey now, guys, you're making me look bad! I suggested they post here in the SXM forum also. laugh

There should be some folks here from the NY area..
Posted By: M&L

Re: Covid Test - Help - 02/26/2021 11:35 AM

Try
https://www.sameday-testing.com/
Posted By: JimandBeth

Re: Covid Test - Help - 02/26/2021 01:25 PM

We are from Albany NY and used a state run testing site at SUNY Albany. Test is free. Tested about 115 hours before departure and had the results back in two days. Our plan was to pay for a quick antigen test 48 hours out if the PCR wasn’t back but it wasn’t necessary. We just had to cross our fingers that our final flight leg from Charlotte wasn’t cancelled. Nerve wracking.

Re: Covid Test - Help - 02/27/2021 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by M&L

M&L- have you used them? They say under 36 hours....I will call and get details.
Thank you!
Posted By: M&L

Re: Covid Test - Help - 02/27/2021 11:14 AM

We are departing at the end of March and I have been researching my options. The free state test only promise 3 -5 day results which was original plan and use the 48hr antigen test as backup as JimandBeth stated. I found sameday testing with under 48hr turnaround and I should be able to use my health insurance(not sure yet). It was good to hear JimandBeth got their results back in two days from state run testing site.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Covid Test - Help - 02/27/2021 12:19 PM

Our experience here in NC is that no one will actually guarantee results timing, but most will tell you what their average experience is. If there is a Passport Health location near you, they cater to travelers and tend to provide better service.
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Covid Test - Help - 02/27/2021 12:22 PM

We used Passport Health here in Michigan and had the results in 16 hours. Here's a link to their locations in NY. https://www.passporthealthusa.com/locations/ny/

Re: Covid Test - Help - 02/27/2021 04:49 PM

Thank you for the info...
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Covid Test - Help - 03/01/2021 02:43 PM

What does Passport Health charge for a PCR test?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Covid Test - Help - 03/01/2021 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by sxmbeachlover
What does Passport Health charge for a PCR test?

Different locations have different fees; ours were $85 each here in NC. That included just the test, not the lab fees. Our lab was apparently covered by Medicare, as we haven't gotten a bill for that. I guess we could submit the test fee to Medicare, but haven't bothered.

Re: Covid Test - Help - 03/01/2021 11:47 PM

I called passport health...here in NY.....they told me $200 each...and insurance does not cover...
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Covid Test - Help - 03/02/2021 12:42 AM

Yup, testing for travel costs big bucks. I'm looking at a similar price for an upcoming domestic trip. We all have to decide whether the trip is worth the extra price. In my case, yes. In other people's cases, if they don't HAVE to go, and can cancel without losing any money, maybe not.
Posted By: beachlovers84

Re: Covid Test - Help - 03/02/2021 01:11 AM

In PA, Passport Health quoted me $220 so I went to DE and got the test for free!
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Covid Test - Help - 03/02/2021 11:37 AM

We paid Passport Health $150 each for our tests. Very efficient friendly and quick. Results in our email inbox 16 hours later.
Posted By: JimandBeth

Re: Covid Test - Help - 03/02/2021 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by macaroni
I called passport health...here in NY.....they told me $200 each...and insurance does not cover...

We found that insurance would not cover testing costs for travel. That was was we went to the free testing site at the SUNY Albany assuming to pay for a antigen quick test if the results didn’t come back fast enough. I don’t know where you are on Long Island but you might want to check SUNY Stony Brook or Old Westbury to see if there are free NYS tests sites there.
Posted By: eilandmens

Re: Covid Test - Help - 03/02/2021 07:58 PM

Get an antigen test. Most place can get results in 15 minutes. In Jersey they are everywhere/ I can imagine there must some in Long island. They are $75. Can be reimbursed by most health insurances.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline