TravelTalkOnline

Trip Report #4

Posted By: Leagle49

Trip Report #4 - 03/15/2021 04:48 PM

Well, here we are already in week 3. Simpson Bay Resort continues to be very quiet. During the week have been usually the only ones at the B pool during the day. On the weekends the have been renting out rooms to locals so the pools a bit busier.

The weather has been good. The last few days there has been barely any breeze and the sea like glass. From time to time you can see big patches of seaweed.

Saw a couple of big iguanas in the tree outside our window yesterday.

Food wise, we continue our breakfasts and lunches on our balcony. Baguette and French raspberry jam, half a croissant, OJ and coffee and then a sandwich on a Baguette with homemade coleslaw and a nice Sancerre for lunch.

We got carryout from Avantika this week. Fresh Rolls and Calamari, then Drunken Noodles, Jungle Curry, and Fried Rice, all with chicken. Really, really good.

Last evening we did our traditional Sunday evening from Isola. Burrata, salad, Fettuccine Bolognese and ham and mushroom pizza. Tiramisu for dessert. Absolutely wonderful.

Attached picture 3-15a.jpg
Attached picture 3-9a.jpg
Attached picture 3-9c.jpg
Attached picture 3-15b.jpg
Attached picture 3-9b.jpg
Attached picture 3-9d.jpg
Attached picture 3-15c.jpg
Attached picture 3-15d.jpg
Attached picture 3-15e.jpg
Attached picture 3-15h.jpg
Attached picture 3-15i.jpg
Attached picture 3-15f.jpg
Attached picture 3-15g.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Report #4 - 03/15/2021 05:01 PM

Thanks for the report and the pictures. I'm sure that occupancy is very low throughout the island. That seaweed looks pretty gross. Have they been keeping the beaches clean there?
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Trip Report #4 - 03/15/2021 05:07 PM

Yes. Most appears to drift past us before making landfall (Beachfall? LOL)
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Report #4 - 03/15/2021 05:47 PM

That is good news. Enjoy!!
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Trip Report #4 - 03/15/2021 05:53 PM

We have never been disappointed at Avantika!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Trip Report #4 - 03/15/2021 06:25 PM

Wish I had taken photos like yours. It makes the trip so much better.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline