TravelTalkOnline

SXM seeks to weed out "vaccine tourists"

Posted By: Carol_Hill

SXM seeks to weed out "vaccine tourists" - 03/18/2021 01:40 PM

Daily Herald story
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: SXM seeks to weed out "vaccine tourists" - 03/18/2021 02:49 PM

Good move. I think they should take care of their Residents first. Especially the elderly and high risk people. I doubt they have enough to give everyone that shows up, so they have to control it some way.

Re: SXM seeks to weed out "vaccine tourists" - 03/18/2021 02:59 PM

Actually, as of now, I think they are having trouble getting enough people to sign up, which is a function of the fact that many Caribbean peoples are leery of the shot. But I definitely agree they should get their own people vaccinated first.
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: SXM seeks to weed out "vaccine tourists" - 03/18/2021 05:25 PM

I think most are wary of the "New" vaccine, or just don't trust the Govt. Many could also have a problem finding transportation to the dispersal sites. In New Orleans, the City is offering transport via Uber, Lyft, or public transport (bus) to get the needy folks to the sites so they can receive the vaccine. They screen the calls pretty well to make sure that only someone that needs the free ride will get it. They are offering the vaccine to anyone over 50, or those that fit into the high risk category. Still with all of that, there are many folks here who refuse to get it for one reason or another.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: SXM seeks to weed out "vaccine tourists" - 03/18/2021 07:54 PM

I have zero issues with those who refuse to get the vaccine. I do have issues with not making it easier to get for those who DO want it.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: SXM seeks to weed out "vaccine tourists" - 03/18/2021 09:31 PM

Well got my first one and second one next week.

Re: SXM seeks to weed out "vaccine tourists" - 03/18/2021 09:47 PM

Good for you, Lesley!!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: SXM seeks to weed out "vaccine tourists" - 03/18/2021 09:49 PM

Thanks Dear and it was the Pfizer .
Posted By: bonsie

Re: SXM seeks to weed out "vaccine tourists" - 03/19/2021 12:56 PM

Got my second shot three days ago. Moderna . No headache or sickness, just very lazy for one day. Lesley, see you soon. Can't wait to be back on the island.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline