TravelTalkOnline

SXM considering closing travel to and from ABC islands

Posted By: Carol_Hill

SXM considering closing travel to and from ABC islands - 04/02/2021 04:39 PM

Daily Herald story

Makes sense to me.

I'm thinking that Celebrity is going to have to change their cruises out of SXM.. Link to situation in Curacao
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: SXM considering closing travel to and from ABC islands - 04/02/2021 05:06 PM

Not a good sign.
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: SXM considering closing travel to and from ABC islands - 04/03/2021 11:14 AM

The numbers here on SXM are not looking goo either. A few weeks ago they had 10 cases. As of April 1, it's 41. With the parties for Easter I'm very worried for teh island. Here at SBR there were a LOT of locals checking into rooms. Large groups of folks socializing with each other.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: SXM considering closing travel to and from ABC islands - 04/03/2021 11:49 AM

The average daily new case number on Sint Maarten for the last five weeks has been 5 or less so not what I would call out of control
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: SXM considering closing travel to and from ABC islands - 04/03/2021 12:05 PM

With local cases showing a slight increase and the intermingling of local with US tourists, I am surprised there has not yet been a positive test of a tourist. It is a good thing but still surprising to me.
Posted By: CLIFFTOPS

Re: SXM considering closing travel to and from ABC islands - 04/03/2021 12:15 PM

Yea I agree with you.
So 40 cases or so in SXM are all local and none tourists leaving .
Since SXM only requires a negative test to enter but no test upon arrival it is hard to believe no cases came in .
In Anguilla you must have a negative test to get here and a test upon arrival.
The number of people arriving here are much smaller than SXM but we still have several cases a month of people with negative tests from US testing positive upon their arrival. Recently had several people who tested negative upon arrival but positive during or at end of their 14 day quarantine.
Hope the numbers in SXM stay down but reason to believe they will not.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: SXM considering closing travel to and from ABC islands - 04/03/2021 05:52 PM

Another nail
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline