TravelTalkOnline

Final Trip Report

Posted By: Leagle49

Final Trip Report - 04/05/2021 01:41 PM

We just completed our 5th and final week at Simpson Bay Resort.

Th weather this past week was unusual. Several days were VERY windy, windier that I can ever remember. Lot’s more clouds too, one day it was completely overcast all afternoon.

Breakfasts and lunches continued to be on our balcony. Went back to Bar Code. Fish and Chips and a Burger. Good, good food. For our last dinner out we chose Isola. We do carry out pizza and other items regularly so we know that it would be good. For appetizers I had Ahi Tuna Tarter with Ginger Line sauce. Excellent. John had Scallops in Puff Pastry. The seasoning was excellent and made them amazing! John had a Filet with incredible Mushroom Sauce. I had Spaghetti Isola, with Clams, Mussels, Scrimp, and squid. Wonderful!! A perfect ending to our great trip.

Got our departure covid test at Simpson Bay Resort on Friday evening at about 5:30pm. 30 minutes from the time we left our room to the time we got back. Very efficient

We departed on Sunday afternoon. The announcements at the gate were totally unintelligible so one they began everyone surged forward with no order or social distancing. UGH!. Arrival in the Newark was the quickest it’s ever been. Absolutely no one in the immigration hall ahead of us. They have changed Global Entry yet again. You walk to the Kiosk, take your picture and you’re done. No scanning od passport or fingerprints. After picking up luggage o just walk out. We were out the door in 30 minutes firm landing.

The island seemed busier the week. At Simpson Bay Resort there were more locals renting rooms, especially for Easter Weekend. It was nice to see the pool busy. Hardly and yachts of big sailboats in the lagoon and only a handful of private planes parked at the airport.

Can’t wait to return next March!

Attached picture 3-31h.jpg
Attached picture 3-31b.jpg
Attached picture 3-31c.jpg
Attached picture 3-31d.jpg
Attached picture 3-31e.jpg
Attached picture 3-31f.jpg
Attached picture 3-31g.jpg
Attached picture 3-31a.jpg
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Final Trip Report - 04/05/2021 01:48 PM

Thank you for your reports, glad you had a great time. Spaghetti Isola i had last time there, which is my favorite. You even had our seats! LOL
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Final Trip Report - 04/05/2021 01:51 PM

Looks good thanks for the reports.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Final Trip Report - 04/05/2021 02:14 PM

Thanks for all your reports and the pictures. Glad you arrived home safely.
Posted By: SandS

Re: Final Trip Report - 04/05/2021 08:13 PM

Enjoyed all your reports. Thank you for taking the time. We stay at SBR also & enjoy the pizza from Isola. The seafood pasta sounds like something my husband might enjoy but it will be a hard sell to get him to try something other than the Bolognese.
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Final Trip Report - 04/06/2021 11:30 AM

We love the Bolognese too. We got it to go several times. Outstanding!!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Final Trip Report - 04/08/2021 12:05 AM

Thanks for all your interesting reports and for taking the time to write them. I, too, am a big fan of Bar Code. It's an especially comfortable place for me to go as a single.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline