TravelTalkOnline

CVS Testing

Posted By: MulletBayMan

CVS Testing - 04/08/2021 10:43 PM

Dead Horse Being Beat---)
Please bear with me, see if I have this right. Monday 11am last leg Miami to SXM departs. Options for testing:
1~~My regular Doc, make appointment, get order, drive by clinic Wed PM, test usually within 48 hours, but sometimes 72 hours. Results get uploaded to my patient portal, but no if after Friday 5pm, results not visible until Dr. returns Monday.
2~~CVS website, say for travel purposes, maybe get denied due to lack of merit?
3~~CVS - lie, say fever and exposure to Covid and asthma. Schedule rt-PCR for Wed PM, get results in 24 or 48 or 72 hrs - results uploaded to some created portal to retrieve at my leisure over the weekend?
4~~CVS - lie, ........................... Schedule rapid test for after 11AM Saturday, not possible on this one?
Monday flights are tough. Option 3, and maybe insurance pays? Am I missing anything?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: CVS Testing - 04/08/2021 11:30 PM

I definatly would not go with option 1. Take doctors to long to really look at test results and show up on portal.

Re: CVS Testing - 04/09/2021 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
I definatly would not go with option 1. Take doctors to long to really look at test results and show up on portal.

The problem with option one is, in the unlikelihood of the results taking longer than 48 hours, the doctor will not review results until Monday.....too late to upload to EHAS.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: CVS Testing - 04/09/2021 02:03 PM

I would not say you had contact with a COVID+ person. This could get the contact tracing people involved. Not worth the potential grief
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: CVS Testing - 04/09/2021 04:44 PM

Another option: If you live near a Passport Health facility, get your PCR test there. They specialize in travelers, and we got our results in less than 24 hours, back when tests were taking 5-7 days at our doctor's office. Even it it's a bit of a drive, the peace of mind will be worth it.
Posted By: islandgirlsarah

Re: CVS Testing - 04/09/2021 05:42 PM

My parents had their tests done at Passport Health in December & had their results back within 36 hours. Their friends that were traveling with them got theirs back within 24 hours. My fiancé and I will be traveling down at the beginning of May and have ours scheduled at Passport Health. Good luck!
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: CVS Testing - 04/09/2021 06:10 PM

We just had ours done at UrgentCare this morning.
They said 24 to 48 hours Sunday.
Hopefully we will be able to get them on time to send to SXM on Monday!!!
They asked if it was for travel.

Wish us all luck !!!

Re: CVS Testing - 04/15/2021 07:07 PM

Scheduled CVS Waco 110 hours before departure. Scheduled the RT-PCR lab test. Verified, as I arrived, that I was *not* taking the rapid test - and they confirmed. Self-administered in drive thru lane at 4pm. Received results email at 7:am *the next morning*. Wow, Fifteen hour total turn-around. Bravo CVS:) I had a slight "sore throat", so opted to list symptoms in request for test:)
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline