TravelTalkOnline

Restaurants at Friar's Bay

Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Restaurants at Friar's Bay - 04/13/2021 01:28 PM

Can anyone give us an update? Are there two restaurants there now? Reviews? Exchange rates? TIA
Posted By: SurferMike

Re: Restaurants at Friar's Bay - 04/13/2021 02:43 PM

It been two years since we went to Friars Bay Beach Cafe (with the door to the beach). Always thought it had good food and service. Also cash only.
Posted By: pat

Re: Restaurants at Friar's Bay - 04/13/2021 02:55 PM

I haven’t been there lately but I recall reading lately that Kali’s has really stepped up their game. I’ve always thoroughly enjoyed Friars Bay Beach Restaurant even if I’m not wild about the way they compute their prices so this may just be the year we check out Kali’s ourselves.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Restaurants at Friar's Bay - 04/13/2021 03:03 PM

Best to pay with Euros there if you have any, Crappy exchange rate there in the past.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Restaurants at Friar's Bay - 04/13/2021 08:01 PM

Went to Kali's once I think this last year when Friars was closed, was not real impressed and it is not at the level of Friar's although less expensive. Friar's Bay Beach Cafe on the other hand we very much enjoy, I just wish they had pads for the chairs consistently. Service and food have been excellent, just would like chair pads.

The one item that keeps us from being there more often would be lunch at Grand Case Beach Club with their comfortable chairs and excellent food is tough to pass up. LTC in Grand Case is also very good and comfortable.

We prefer all three of these to anything at Orient at this time.

Tested and approved for travel! Be on island Friday ! Whooooop Whoooop !
Posted By: marge

Re: Restaurants at Friar's Bay - 04/13/2021 10:56 PM

Hi, We had lunch at the Friars Bay Beach Club twice in March. Both times were great. Creative menu, with many added specials. Attentive service, a real fun place! CASH ONLY. Enjoy.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Restaurants at Friar's Bay - 04/14/2021 11:56 AM

Todd is LTC near Rainbow?
Is there parking ?

Is there parking for nonresidents at GCBC?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Restaurants at Friar's Bay - 04/14/2021 09:22 PM

Terry, LTC is either next to Rainbow or one establishment down; I always forget which is which. They had valet parking when we were there in November, but we were always able to find parking on the street. GCBC is the same; parking outside the gate.
Posted By: barryvabeach

Re: Restaurants at Friar's Bay - 04/14/2021 11:40 PM

LTC is just up the street from Rainbow. Capt Frenchy's is just down the street from Rainbow. Both offer chairs with pads. I have been told chairs are free at LTC if you eat there. Frenchys had a shower that you can use if you want to shower and change for dinner. Can't help on the parking at either place, though there is paid parking, 5 Euro, a block or so north of LTC, it is on the Left hand side of the street as you are driving towards LTC and Rainbow.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Restaurants at Friar's Bay - 04/14/2021 11:56 PM

Don't remember any pads at Rainbow. Just uncomfortable loungers.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Restaurants at Friar's Bay - 04/15/2021 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Don't remember any pads at Rainbow. Just uncomfortable loungers.

You are correct. Both Captain Frenchy and LTC have comfortable chairs with pads, which, I think, is what Barry meant.
Posted By: marge

Re: Restaurants at Friar's Bay - 04/15/2021 11:23 PM

Actually, Rainbow does not have padded lounges, and as noted, not very comfortable. Capt. Frenchy does have pads.
Posted By: barryvabeach

Re: Restaurants at Friar's Bay - 04/16/2021 01:01 AM

Sorry for any confusion. Rainbow does not offer any chairs with pads. We stay near all 3 places, and are find it hard to understand why Rainbow has such a crowd, when the chairs look so uncomfortable, when LTC and Capt Frenchy's are a few feet away with nicer chairs. Though I don't know anything about pricing or parking for any of the 3. Capt Frenchy's does have a great burger.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline