TravelTalkOnline

Rima

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Rima - 05/08/2021 12:45 PM

So, could someone remind me where the 'new' Rima store is? If I were standing in front of the courthouse with my back to the ocean, which way would I head, and about how far? Thanks!
Posted By: chicstersun

Re: Rima - 05/08/2021 12:52 PM

Turn left. Not far. Can’t miss it. Big yellow building.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Rima - 05/08/2021 01:11 PM

Pretty sure it's left, but no big yellow building. Just a storefront. The big yellow building has been Blue Point for a few years.

Re: Rima - 05/08/2021 01:12 PM

OK, thanks.

Re: Rima - 05/08/2021 01:33 PM

I think it just past DK Gems walking away from Courthouse same side of road. Will be heading there this afternoon so will pay more attention.

Re: Rima - 05/08/2021 01:35 PM

OK, thanks much!
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Rima - 05/08/2021 06:32 PM

They had a store on Cannegieter street across from Nagico Ins.

W.

Re: Rima - 05/08/2021 08:49 PM

They have a store on Front Street now, Wendell..
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Rima - 05/08/2021 09:14 PM

When we were there this was a wholesale store but they sold to retail. We bought in bulk it was about $8 per dress or shirt.

w.
Posted By: dfmsml

Re: Rima - 05/09/2021 12:46 AM

There today....much smaller but still very nice and great prices ,very helpful and glad to see us back....dave

Re: Rima - 05/09/2021 01:27 PM

Wendell--We went to that store, but they didn't have the type of dresses I like. They were all spaghetti strap or kind of a rayon or gauze, and I don't like those. I was hoping the new store would carry more different types of dresses.

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 09:54 AM

Carol, it's location is exactly as I said above. Took a video, but posting it is another thing.

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 12:55 PM

thanks!
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 01:10 PM

Carol, they do have a few different types of dresses, if I remember right.

There was also a store heading back towards DK , that had dresses, a bit pricier, but there were
many styles.

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 01:12 PM

Terri--If we can tear ourselves away from Beachside and go to town, which is not a sure thing (since I LOATHE going to town these days), we will definitely try out the new store.

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Terri--If we can tear ourselves away from Beachside and go to town, which is not a sure thing (since I LOATHE going to town these days), we will definitely try out the new store.

I understand, but I wanted to spend some money on my grandchildren, get spices etc., from Juggie and stay out of the sun.
We can't wait to return!! The have been posting some gorgeous pictures from Beachside.
I feel like it's been forever, since we left--LOL
---but it took a long time for us to get back, so we need more time to catch up.

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 01:26 PM

It has been forever since we've been there, but so glad we actually have TWO trips booked this year!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 05:16 PM

Carol, there's a store on Back Street that had some nice dresses last visit. Of course I can't remember the name of it. if you walked down Front street to the end and rounded onto Back Street from there it's a short way in on the left. Run by a hospitable Indian gentleman. Lots of slack sets too, top and bottom matching but only some tops had design on them, either cut outs or embroidery.

I bought a top, turquoise with white stitching at neck, comes down below stomach. I didn't really want it because it reminded me of something I"d bought at Emporium India back in the '60's but hubby like it. I think it was $9.

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 05:19 PM

I've been to the other store, they didn't have anything I wanted. It's called Kenny's, I think. smile
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 07:50 PM

I've been to the other store, they didn't have anything I wanted. It's called Kenny's, I think. smile

Kenny's is on Front St. and near DK Gems.

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 07:54 PM

OK, Kenny's is NOT the new store, so I am really confused now.

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 08:02 PM

OK, Kenny's is NOT the new store, so I am really confused now.

Kenny's has been there for several years and was supposedly the "go to" place after the big store closed. I was not impressed with it.

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 09:53 PM

But again, as far as I know, they opened up a 'new' store that is actually branded "Rima" a few months ago, so that's where I was asking about.

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 10:58 PM

But again, as far as I know, they opened up a 'new' store that is actually branded "Rima" a few months ago, so that's where I was asking about.

No idea on that but I did check out the Kenny's store and posted about it in the past. Perhaps the Kenny's store has been redone? Wasn't Jeff B blowing off about this a while back?

Re: Rima - 05/10/2021 11:46 PM

I think that Kenny's store is still there, but there is now a name brand Rima store, I believe.
Posted By: irina

Re: Rima - 05/11/2021 03:27 PM

Love Rima!

Re: Rima - 05/11/2021 11:15 PM

I was in the Rima store a couple of weeks ago......

Re: Rima - 05/11/2021 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by The_Lurker
I was in the Rima store a couple of weeks ago......

Where is the location?
Posted By: Sunflower

Re: Rima - 05/12/2021 02:08 AM

Does anyone have a picture of the new Rimas? I keep thinking it must be Kenny’s. I have been there many times. It seems to be in the location everyone describes.

Re: Rima - 05/12/2021 01:03 PM

I wonder if maybe they aren't open yet in the new store? If not, I'm not interested in just going to Kenny's..

Re: Rima - 05/12/2021 01:10 PM

I wonder if maybe they aren't open yet in the new store? If not, I'm not interested in just going to Kenny's..

I sent them a message from their facebook page but have not received a reply.

Re: Rima - 05/12/2021 01:18 PM

Let me know if you receive a reply.

Re: Rima - 05/12/2021 06:43 PM

Rima's on Front Street is open. Trying to upload video.

Re: Rima - 05/12/2021 07:28 PM

Elaine--You can't upload videos directly to TTOL. If you have it uploaded somewhere else, obviously you can post a link. Looking forward to hopefully seeing it!

Re: Rima - 05/12/2021 07:53 PM

Yep, slowly uploading to YouTube. Just got my laptop from the doctor!

Re: Rima - 05/12/2021 08:06 PM

Here you go. Starting at Rima's ending at DK Jems. Courthouse is ahead on left. About 5:30 Saturday afternoon.

https://youtu.be/DGsOdVvatfg

Re: Rima - 05/12/2021 09:50 PM

OK, great! Thanks!!!

Re: Rima - 05/13/2021 01:14 PM

Sorry, I thought the directions were clear.
Standing in front of the Court House (facing it) turn left and walk down same side of
street as CH.
It's down the street about 5 minutes --Big yellow wall.

You can't miss it, but it is a little walk from Court House.
The video has me confused.....

Re: Rima - 05/13/2021 01:34 PM

Video is on Front street heading towards the Court House. Rima's is opposite side of street from CH.

Re: Rima - 05/13/2021 01:37 PM

Thanks for posting, Elaine. Now that I started all this, we probably won't even make it there! laugh
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Rima - 05/13/2021 03:08 PM

Thanks for posting, Elaine. Now that I started all this, we probably won't even make it there! laugh

But you got information for the rest of us, lol! Elaine, thanks for the video; I know exactly where it is now. I'll stop and see Jeff at DK, and keep on going to get some more of those cute little sundresses I like! November can't come soon enough.

Re: Rima - 05/13/2021 03:27 PM

Sorry, we were just there and went into Rimas and it was on the
same side of the road as the Court House and the opposite side, of the street,
from DK, where we stopped in to say hello. Or both myself and Rit are remembering wrong!!! LOL I see the difference in the video!!!!!

I'm sure everyone will find it. jester

Sorry Elaine, we are probably looking at the same place-----Are we still on for Yvette's in November?
Maybe Connecticut???

Re: Rima - 05/13/2021 03:48 PM

Video don't lie! LOL And YES to Yvette's! CT in June if you are visiting the area!

Re: Rima - 05/13/2021 03:56 PM

That’s true!!
It’s driving me crazy!!

🤪

We are not far from you in Ct.

Re: Rima - 05/13/2021 04:18 PM

Think you have family near ours??
Posted By: irina

Re: Rima - 05/13/2021 04:37 PM

CAROL!!!!!

You always need Rima!! I do! LOL
irina

Re: Rima - 05/13/2021 05:44 PM

No family, but we are often in the area.
It’s not that far from us.
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Rima - 05/14/2021 11:22 AM

Now I'm confused. Are there two Rima's? The one that Elaine showed on the video and this picture (taken yesterday)?

Rima's is located in the tallest building on Front Street. Tall, yellow, with flags on top. It's located across from the Sea View Hotel, right next to Ray's Jewelry. If you are looking at the Court House it's down on your left, on the same side of the street. The store is a lot smaller than their Pond Fill Road location. I didn't venture into the store, but did buy a souvenir necklace at the front desk.

The woman stated that they decided to open a Retail location after Covid-19 really hurt their wholesale business.

Attached picture P5130011.JPG
Attached picture P5130012.JPG

Re: Rima - 05/14/2021 12:54 PM

Hmmm, perhaps the one in my video is Kenny's? Will look more closely this weekend.
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Rima - 05/15/2021 11:33 AM

Hi Carol, head left....it's a pretty good walk. After you've passed Kenny's (on the left, ocean side) you'll find it ahead on the right, before Ray's. The first floor is just the beginning. Tell Kenny (he's in charge here too) I suggested you go to the second floor. No elevator.

Re: Rima - 05/15/2021 12:21 PM

Jeff--I don't really do stairs. Why should I go to the second floor?
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Rima - 05/23/2021 12:58 AM

Sorry for the delayed reaction, lots going on. The showroom on the second floor is even (slightly) bigger than the one on the 1st floor. Only elevator is for freight. He has an enormous amount of stuff there!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline