TravelTalkOnline

Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside?

Posted By: sxmmartini

Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/01/2021 10:14 PM

With plans to return and having to leave the Frenchside by curfew, what are good options to enjoy an evening meal and not be rushed out of a restaurant till 10 pm?
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/01/2021 10:17 PM

Sale and Pepe , Jax Steak House , La Bodega , Mario's and Sublime .
Posted By: lhbsurf

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/01/2021 10:41 PM

We enjoyed the Palapa Grill and Moulin Fou. Not fine dining, but we also found Chesterfield's at the Marina a beautiful spot very good!

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/01/2021 10:44 PM

Thanks! In the past I have mostly dined on the Frenchside. There was a very good Italian restaurant in Maho complex, Villa del Rosa, is it still open? Porto Cupecoy is very nice but have never been there in the evening. Mario moved there from Sandy Ground? What about Philipsburg for dinner?

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/01/2021 10:51 PM

Chesterfields is a favorite but normally a lunch place after shopping.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/01/2021 11:03 PM

La Rosa Too is still there in Maho....still open and quite good.
Posted By: pat

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/01/2021 11:18 PM

In no particular order of preference

Our Maho favorites include:

LeMoulin Fou
LaRosa, Too
Sublime

Cupecoy:

The Spaghetti House - not fancy but oh so good and very inexpensive by island standards
BarCode
Fat Tony’s for pizza or the Tuesday night steak special - strictly bar atmosphere
The Bodega

Simpson Bay general area:

The Palapa Grill
Mary’s Boon

And those are just for starters.
Posted By: George1234

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/01/2021 11:43 PM

If you are only going once I would recommend Moulin Fou over La Rosa.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/02/2021 12:14 AM

Emilio's
Moulin Fou
Mario's

Probably fit what you are looking for and for me in nearly that order although I might put Moulin Fou on the top.

Sublime was acceptable but I would not at all put as fine dining.
A lot of people like Jax, doesn't grab me.
As for Palapa, might try it sometime but usually gravity takes me across the street to The Palms.

Cheers,
T
Posted By: kim

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/02/2021 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini
Thanks! In the past I have mostly dined on the Frenchside. There was a very good Italian restaurant in Maho complex, Villa del Rosa, is it still open? Porto Cupecoy is very nice but have never been there in the evening. Mario moved there from Sandy Ground? What about Philipsburg for dinner?

Wendy when were you on island last? Mario’s is now in the Cliff in Cupecoy. I love Palapa Grill. Jax was delicious in Maho last month. LaRosa and MuLonFou (or how ever you spell it) is very good. Isola up in Pelican is great as well.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/02/2021 10:10 AM

We had an amazing dinner/drinks at Frenchy Ludo's ! (Behind Republic bank on Welfare road) https://ludos-sxm.com/ Food was great, service was proper, drinks were hardy! I had the Crab meat and Sea Scallops Risotto
I give it $$$ on the scale, but worth it! https://ludos-sxm.com/
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/02/2021 11:34 AM

I would add Isola to the list of Fine Dining restaurants on the Dutch side. Food, service and atmosphere are all excellent!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/02/2021 12:24 PM

Correct. Had dinner there again last night. Excellent.
Posted By: JimandBeth

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/02/2021 01:38 PM

We enjoy Frenchy Ludo’s and Isola.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/02/2021 01:52 PM

Astra is excellent.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/02/2021 03:05 PM

Another vote for Jax's
Posted By: Richie

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/02/2021 03:17 PM

Winnie’s Chinese restaurant behind Cheri’s
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Fine dining/ dinner on Dutchside? - 06/02/2021 05:00 PM

So many great choices from the posts above. Let me toss one other suggestion out there that also fits the bill for fine dining (for both atmosphere and pricing). The Ocean Lounge restaurant in Holland House has a tiered dining area that overlooks Great Bay and the cruise port in a very relaxed setting. It's a very laid back and classy dining experience, but would require reservations. From past visits I have had the half lobster and the Fillet Mignon, and both were excellent. Even had room for dessert, and they have this salted caramel fudge brownie that is served warm that I highly recommend. The only issue is that you'll need to find parking in Philipsburg.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline