TravelTalkOnline

Phone calling in SXM

Posted By: DandM29212

Phone calling in SXM - 06/26/2021 11:01 PM

My first time using a Chippie sim card. I occasionally get a call to go through, but mostly I get error messages saying " The number you are calling is unassigned or has been disconnected." Is there some setting I need to adjust? I got the sim card at Carrefour's Tech Center. I took it to the Chippie store in Marigot and he called a couple numbers and they went through so he just said there's nothing wrong with it. I researched calling methods for the various alternatives (Dutch side to French side cell, etc.)
Am I missing something?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Phone calling in SXM - 06/27/2021 01:53 AM

I would go back to Tech Hub and ask them. You may not be entering all the numbers properly.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Phone calling in SXM - 06/27/2021 01:28 PM

JD is probably right, you're probably not entering all the numbers correctly. Go back to Tech Hub. They are very knowledgeable there.
Posted By: BlueGreenWater

Re: Phone calling in SXM - 06/27/2021 10:19 PM

Remember that when calling from the French side to the Dutch side, it is an international call and you have to use the country codes. I've used a reloadable Chippie card in SXM for years.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Phone calling in SXM - 06/27/2021 10:27 PM

I store all phone numbers in my island phone as international numbers. By doing so, they work no matter which side of the island I my phone's cell site thinks that I am on.
Posted By: JoeC047

Re: Phone calling in SXM - 06/29/2021 07:25 PM

I have a chippie phone, but now I use whats app on my verizon phone !
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline