TravelTalkOnline

Need Some Help --High Speed Internet

Posted By: crsxm

Need Some Help --High Speed Internet - 07/20/2021 08:43 PM

My daughter's boyfriend needs a high speed internet connection for a video call tomorrow. Divi's been great trying to solve the issue, however, we are concerned it's just not going to be reliable. We can't afford for it not to work. He's got an important call/interview that he unfortunately can't postpone.

Does anyone on the Island know of a place that would offer a somewhat private area for him to take the call tomorrow morning? Some suggested "Mailbox" but we're just not sure. I thought I should ask the experts! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Need Some Help --High Speed Internet - 07/20/2021 09:00 PM

The Mailbox used to offer the service and I believe as of 18 months ago they still did. I would contact them to be sure.

MAILBOX The service is still listed but the last time I was in the store it had been downsized. I would contact them to be sure. Good luck.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Need Some Help --High Speed Internet - 07/20/2021 09:25 PM

That's what I was going to suggest, the Mailbox.
Posted By: kim

Re: Need Some Help --High Speed Internet - 07/20/2021 09:26 PM

Could he just turn on his cell phone for the day and use that connection. Or tether it to a computer or iPad?? High speed on the island isn’t like high speed in the US. I have fiber in my condo and giggle at the speed - but it seems to work. And I have done zoom with my Verizon phone while sitting on a beach.
Posted By: crsxm

Re: Need Some Help --High Speed Internet - 07/20/2021 09:39 PM

Thank you for the suggestions which I've passed along. He's a tech guy, I am not. The call seems to be more involved though than a standard zoom call. I guess we will have to see what happens tomorrow..
Posted By: Todd

Re: Need Some Help --High Speed Internet - 07/21/2021 01:09 AM

Verizon has a couple different international options, including one that is a Monthly but has more gigs before throttling down than the normal monthly plan. We did this for the last trip and we will the next. We at times need to work remotely, but it allows us longer trips.
Cheers, T
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Need Some Help --High Speed Internet - 07/21/2021 01:24 AM

Cyberlink Internet Café. Located in the heart of town on Front Street #53, opposite Little Switzerland. Computers, mini mart, serves espresso, coffee, & cold drinks. Tel: +599 54 20725

Just a suggestion, call in the a.m. and see if they are open and can accommodate you.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline