TravelTalkOnline

Curfew reinstated on French side

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Curfew reinstated on French side - 08/05/2021 01:13 PM

Daily Herald story

At least this one is from 10 PM, so it is possible to get dinner on the French side still.

But it looks like day travel to St. Barts will again be impossible.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Curfew reinstated on French side - 08/05/2021 01:39 PM

My reading of the original French decree is that day travel to St Barth is possible for people with proof of full COVID vaccination, plus a PCR or Antigen test.

For those who are not fully vaccinated, a “compelling reason” is required, plus a PCR or Antigen test. A valid “compelling reason” is probably near impossible for a day-tripper.
Posted By: kim

Re: Curfew reinstated on French side - 08/05/2021 01:46 PM

This is what I don’t get “One Island, One Love” why don’t both sides work together and have the same rules and restrictions when it comes to COVID! Makes ZERO sense!!!

Re: Curfew reinstated on French side - 08/05/2021 01:51 PM

A quick reading required also a 7 day quarantine, to go to St. Barts??

Kim--You ask such a question, after your long history with the island???? They can't even agree where the border is!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Curfew reinstated on French side - 08/05/2021 03:14 PM

My understanding from the DH article is during the day everything remains open until 10pm.
My question is does the virus only spread after dark?
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Curfew reinstated on French side - 08/05/2021 06:05 PM

Silly really. After 10 suggests crowds and innebriation. I can find you many big super spreader locations on both sides day and night on both sides of island.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Curfew reinstated on French side - 08/05/2021 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
A quick reading required also a 7 day quarantine, to go to St. Barts??

There is no quarantine requirement for vaccinated travelers .

Re: Curfew reinstated on French side - 08/05/2021 09:28 PM

All I know is what the Daily Herald story says "To limit the spread of the virus between St. Martin and St. Barths, travellers by sea as of August 4 must now present either a complete vaccination status or a negative rapid antigen or polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test result, have a compelling reason for travel, and respect a seven-day isolation period on arrival in the territory."
Posted By: CaribEagle

Re: Curfew reinstated on French side - 08/05/2021 09:41 PM

Glad they at least had the good sense to push the curfew back to 10 p.m. instead of the one they had back in June that really hurt the local restaurants.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Curfew reinstated on French side - 08/05/2021 09:46 PM

IMHO this curfew has multiple goals... stop the spread but also keep restrictions in movement of people after dark.
The worst protests were when the PPRN was going to be passed after Irma. Add Macron pushing health passport not only in France but also in SXM and other French island territories.

Re: Curfew reinstated on French side - 08/05/2021 11:33 PM

yes, for sure, having experienced it myself, the curfew in June seriously s*cked.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline