TravelTalkOnline

2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic

Posted By: PelicanPirate

2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/06/2021 12:29 PM

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Both have less than 40% chance of cyclone formation next 2 days, but one of them near Cape Verde.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/06/2021 12:56 PM

The second one is probably the one to watch, although at least it's probability of forming is down from yesterday.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/06/2021 08:53 PM

I agree, the first one is going to be a non-event for the Windwards/Leewards but the second might become a problem. My normal homepage in my browser is Google, but during the hurricane season and when aboard I change it to the NHC page linked to above. So before my morning coffee water gets to boiling I get to find out if I need to clear out and head south smile
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/07/2021 09:37 AM

Now, there are 3
Posted By: Colour1

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/07/2021 10:32 AM

Anyone of those is going to play havoc on the shores on the east coast of the island with tons more "seagrass" washing up!!

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/07/2021 01:21 PM

Wow, that's crazy! Regardless, looks like it is going to be a very WET few days!!
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/07/2021 06:50 PM

Not liking this lineup!

Attached picture FD60EA8F-F3CF-432A-A75F-9051EFD7AA2B.png
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/07/2021 11:10 PM

** Tropical weather update **

1. A tropical wave located several hundred miles east of the Caribbean is producing limited shower activity. Significant development of this system is not anticipated as it moves west-northwestward.

2. A small but well-defined area of low pressure located about a thousand miles east of the Lesser Antilles is producing limited shower activity. Development of
this system, if any, is expected to be slow to occur while it drifts toward the west-southwest or west over the central tropical Atlantic through the middle of next week.

3. A large area of disturbed weather associated with a tropical wave located near the Cabo Verde Islands appears somewhat conducive for gradual development over the next several days, while the system moves generally west-northwestward across the tropical Atlantic.

The Meteorological Department of St. Maarten will continue to monitor these systems and update the public accordingly.
Posted By: mdaughtry

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/08/2021 02:26 AM

Leaving Monday morning for a week, fingers crossed!

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/08/2021 02:35 AM

Take your rain gear or umbrella. laugh
Posted By: Colour1

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/08/2021 11:01 AM

Don't leave anything to dry out on your deck( if you have one) at night. It RAINED so hard back in April at night. Woke us up at Beachside villa's! Have a safe trip and a good time!!

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/08/2021 02:23 PM

Most timeshares don't allow towels and swimsuits to be hung over railings to dry.

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/08/2021 05:35 PM

Sorry?? Really? How do they enforce that?

Regardless, here is the most recent guidance from the NHC

NHC link
First one doesn't look to be a problem for SXM, other two, who knows?

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/08/2021 07:56 PM

Security enforces it at Flamingo when they see it or if it's reported to front desk.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/08/2021 09:07 PM

LaVista installed drying racks in the back corner of the decks. Most people use them. Some towels are draped over railings. I don't know if office does anything about it.

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/08/2021 11:34 PM

Again, doesn't have anything to do with the original topic....
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: 2 Tropical Disturbances in Atlantic - 08/08/2021 11:58 PM

Surprise............
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline