TravelTalkOnline

Alternatives to Tropicana?

Posted By: BeachInertia

Alternatives to Tropicana? - 08/07/2021 11:25 PM

Hi everyone- I am traveling to St. Martin (staying on the French Side) and had hoped to return to Tropicana in Marigot for a wonderful salad I had a few years ago. However, I'm going in September and they will be on vacation. Can you folks recommend another place for a "fancy" salad? The one I had had cured salmon, shrimp and a couple more kinds of seafood. Bonus for a water front/view location.
Thanks!
Posted By: EdB

Re: Alternatives to Tropicana? - 08/08/2021 04:38 AM

Check Be Cool, right across the marina from Tropicana. Not sure if they have that type of salad or not...but the food there is absolutely DELICIOUS. One of the best lunches i think i have ever had.
Posted By: wendyk

Re: Alternatives to Tropicana? - 08/08/2021 12:04 PM

You can also try Enjoy, next to La Main a la Pate.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Alternatives to Tropicana? - 08/08/2021 12:17 PM

Beach--First, welcome!! Please let me know if you have any questions about TTOL.

Although it is tough to know what ANY restaurant is going to do this year, due to the pandemic, I think you may find most of your choices on the French side may be closed in September, as they do traditionally close for the month of September for vacation. I would check the menus online for the big restaurants along Orient, like Waikiki, Bikini, LaPlaya, etc., and you could probably find something there, IF they are open. If you have lots of money and IF they are open, La Samanna probably would have something also. I have NOT been there myself, but it seems like perhaps something that Indigo Beach Bar would have.
Posted By: bran

Re: Alternatives to Tropicana? - 08/08/2021 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by EdB
Check Be Cool, right across the marina from Tropicana. Not sure if they have that type of salad or not...but the food there is absolutely DELICIOUS. One of the best lunches i think i have ever had.

Originally Posted by wendyk
You can also try Enjoy, next to La Main a la Pate.

Yes, Be Kool is excellent.

Enjoy closed about 3 years ago.
Posted By: BeachInertia

Re: Alternatives to Tropicana? - 08/08/2021 07:08 PM

Thanks everyone- seems I have a quest!
Posted By: wendyk

Re: Alternatives to Tropicana? - 08/09/2021 10:41 AM

Actually, it was open this last winter with new owners (the owners of La Main a la Pate). It has a different menu and concept than La Main a la Pate.
Posted By: chuckval

Re: Alternatives to Tropicana? - 08/09/2021 01:18 PM

Friar's Bay Beach Cafe!!!!
Posted By: fabila

Re: Alternatives to Tropicana? - 08/09/2021 03:26 PM

Indigo beach had a lovely lobster salad and is oceanfront dining. We had a superb lunch this past March
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Alternatives to Tropicana? - 08/09/2021 04:00 PM

Don't know about that salad, but I will say the best lunch we've had since Irma was at Mario's located in The Cliff in Cupecoy. Beautiful view.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Alternatives to Tropicana? - 08/09/2021 11:05 PM

Carol, are you thinking Wai Plage? I think Waikiki is gone?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Alternatives to Tropicana? - 08/09/2021 11:31 PM

Oh, ok, could be!!!
Posted By: bran

Re: Alternatives to Tropicana? - 08/10/2021 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by wendyk
Actually, it was open this last winter with new owners (the owners of La Main a la Pate). It has a different menu and concept than La Main a la Pate.

Stand corrected. Didn’t know that, haven’t been back since Dec 19
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline