TravelTalkOnline

Is Club Orient an abandoned property?

Posted By: sxmmartini

Is Club Orient an abandoned property? - 08/19/2021 02:06 PM

The French COM is looking into changing articles that pertain to abandoned buildings and would be able to seize property not reconstructed.

https://www.faxinfo.fr/en/urbanisme...et-pas-a-la-com-de-resoudre-le-probleme/
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: Is Club Orient an abandoned property? - 08/19/2021 02:41 PM

No.
Posted By: RickandJulie

Re: Is Club Orient an abandoned property? - 08/19/2021 03:11 PM

While it's an interesting thought, I doubt that Club Orient will be affected by this.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Is Club Orient an abandoned property? - 08/19/2021 03:23 PM

Jenni--anything you can report, in the way of a status?
Posted By: Tonythepilot

Re: Is Club Orient an abandoned property? - 08/19/2021 03:37 PM

COM?
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Is Club Orient an abandoned property? - 08/19/2021 03:43 PM

COM is short for Collectivité Outre Mer, Overseas Collectivity, the legal status of St Martin in France.

Re: Is Club Orient an abandoned property? - 08/19/2021 04:24 PM

As I'm not a spokesperson for the Club there isn't much I can share other than to say that work is still progressing and roll my eyes at the attempt at stirring up controversy by the OP.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Is Club Orient an abandoned property? - 08/19/2021 04:33 PM

If not abandoned, not progressing.

At one time, some of the damaged buildings had hope. I dont see any hope in any of them. Some are sinking into ground or have little sinkhole pools around them.

Rebuilding papagayos and the beachfront chalets looks to be impossible in the old location as they are waterline today.

Rebuilding anything at same ground level seems a fools gambit. What insurance company would underwrite that?

Putting things on some level of raised pilings. You wont survive Irma, but alot of leaser storms.

That said, why not get demolition and clearing out of the way unless they think that keeps it less attractive to a vulture wanting to buy it.

I dont think the Cedric/Perch thing will keep our interest much longer. We want a resort. The daily rental car pilgrimage has reached its attractiveness limit.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Is Club Orient an abandoned property? - 08/19/2021 04:43 PM

The only progress in four years since the destruction would be the removal of the illegal dumping of rocks at pedros and papagayo. The removal of the water sports building which was not on Club Orient property and the illegal new construction of Perch lite on Club Orient Property. The rocks were removed by a conservation group to restore the natural waterline which is public domain.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Is Club Orient an abandoned property? - 08/19/2021 04:47 PM

Jenni--Ok, I was hoping maybe there would be some more kind of official word soon. If and when there are any official pronouncements, would love to hear it!
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Is Club Orient an abandoned property? - 08/19/2021 05:24 PM

As for rocks, I noticed there are still rocks “in the water” in front of where Pedros is.

Re: Is Club Orient an abandoned property? - 08/19/2021 08:13 PM

I agree, Carol! As with many things, the process is definitely running on "Island Time!" grin
Posted By: Tonythepilot

Re: Is Club Orient an abandoned property? - 03/15/2022 01:36 PM

I understand the concept of "Island Time", but it's been over a year since the Club O website was updated saying things were progressing. I'm beginning to think that the title of this thread may be accurate.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline