TravelTalkOnline

SXM close to Covid code system

Posted By: SXMScubaman

SXM close to Covid code system - 08/19/2021 02:57 PM

Herald LINK
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: SXM close to Covid code system - 08/19/2021 03:20 PM

Call me stupid, but I don't know what that means. ...other than I don't THINK it means that they are going to allow vaccinated travelers without a Covid test. Otherwise, I'm not sure why I care??
Posted By: RickandJulie

Re: SXM close to Covid code system - 08/19/2021 03:56 PM

I think it's step one in the process of getting to that point. At least I hope that what it means.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: SXM close to Covid code system - 08/20/2021 05:01 AM

This is going to be very good !!!! less paperwork!!
Posted By: Bahston

Re: SXM close to Covid code system - 08/20/2021 11:26 AM

It's only good for travelers if there is a way for us to participate in the system. If not, nothing changes.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: SXM close to Covid code system - 08/20/2021 02:44 PM

Looks like an App is being discussed for Smart phones.
LINK
Posted By: boucharda

Re: SXM close to Covid code system - 08/21/2021 10:44 AM

I like this part:

The app connects with vaccination providers to verify the information, and if it’s correct, it creates scannable QR codes embedded with that information.

We received out shots in FL and there is no way that FL will allow any kind of State app for use. At least there is potential for adding the data this way

I should add that Publix, where we received the vaccine, will probably not be thrilled with having to research and add data for every applicant
Posted By: timnboston

Re: SXM close to Covid code system - 08/21/2021 12:39 PM

If you got your vax at a private company (CVS etc) how will FL prevent you from loading YOUR information onto a private site?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: SXM close to Covid code system - 08/21/2021 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by timnboston
If you got your vax at a private company (CVS etc) how will FL prevent you from loading YOUR information onto a private site?

Because YOU do not load the data since anyone could just say they were vaccinated or show a fake card. The place of immunization would have to report the immunizations to a third party and right now that is not allowed in FL because of the vaccine passport ban.

There are apps that kinda do the same (QR code generation) but it remains to be seen if the State of FL will eventually allow the data to be release since this goes against the no vaccine passport mandate

Many were vaccinated in state run facilities and those have even less of a chance

Note: I am only commenting on FL because that is where I received the shots
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline